Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow FPS or intended effect?
SamL Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Slow FPS or intended effect?

I have a decent computer for this game and i was wondering if the FPS is supposed to feel so "heavy" and ... "teary" in the beginning of the game or should i tweak some settings? Swithing vsync on and off didnt change anything.
09-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Find
Cyborg34572 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Slow FPS or intended effect?

The imagetrail effect makes it look like you have slow fps, Atleast for me. So disable that and see if you like it that way.
09-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Find
Kuni Offline

Go into your My Documents folder (or equivalent depending on OS), find the Amnesia folder and locate user_settings.cfg in your Profile folder. Open with Notepad, find the line that says '<Debug ShowFPS=' and change it from "false" to "true".

Now you can check whether it is the fps or the style of the game Smile

It is a rather slow paced game but some large rooms can hit fps quite hard so it might be worth tweaking the settings. Especially SSAO, Smoothing, etc.
09-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Find
onewolf Offline

Threads: 2

If you only experience this at the beginning of the game, it may be intended. Also notice that you can't run when you first start the game; Daniel is waking up from the concoction and is still recovering from the effects.
09-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Find