Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another crash thread :(
WingmanSR Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago another crash thread :(

I tried the fixes listed in the troubleshooting thread, and uninstalling/reinstalling the video drivers allowed me to get to the profile select screen, whereupon it crashed to blackbox again. I'm playing the demo and I'd like to purchase this game, but I need to know I'm actually going to be able to play it. Log is attached.

EDIT - dxdiag report added.
EDIT (2) - Forget to add OS, Windows 7 x64, fully updated

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 34.01 KB / Downloads: 110)
09-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: another crash thread :(

Please attach hpl.log found in My Documents/Amnesia/Main
09-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Find
WingmanSR Offline

My apologies. Here is hpl.log attachment.
As an aside, I would like to thank you for all your hard work, Thomas. I see you have been very vigilant within the tech support forum and responding very quickly to many queries. Your tireless effort is appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010, 05:03 AM by WingmanSR.)
09-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Not sure this was the solution for this particular problem, but have you tried to run the game as administrator?
09-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Website Find
WingmanSR Offline

(09-10-2010, 06:24 AM)jens Wrote: Not sure this was the solution for this particular problem, but have you tried to run the game as administrator?

Yes, I tried that but it didn't help. However, even though I don't have a multi-GPU or x-fire setup, I decided to try the 10.8b hotfix drivers, and now windowed mode works, with a somewhat low FPS(40-45) and It appears that vsync is the problem with fullscreen mode. I disabled vsync in windowed mode, then re-checked the 'fullscreen' option in the launcher and now fullscreen works and my fps is almost constant at 60, however the screen tearing is quite noticeable without it. Not game breaking though, and I'll definitely be purchasing the full version on steam, but I'd really like to have fullscreen and vsync. Are there any tweaks you can advise to fix this, or is it a bug with the graphics engine or my GPU/drivers? I own Doom 3, which is also OpenGL, of course, and I have no issues with FS+vsync.
09-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Find