Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Chemical Room Crash (Black Plague)
qcenaman Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Chemical Room Crash (Black Plague)

I got a acess violation error while exiting the Chemical Room.

I had some crashes before while entering this room, but i restarted the game and sometimes it would crash, but most times it would work, but now i can´t leave the room without a crash.

It´s when i´m running to get out with the alert going, i click the door, it tries to load, but when it finishes loading i hear a crashing sound like a wall or the ceiling is crashing down and the screen goes from loading screen to black, and to windows where i can see a error box.

Since it crashes precisely when i hear that sound, maybe it is related to sound??

I already installed latest OpenAL, already updated graphics card, even tried to delet settings files.. i tried most of he stuff i found on the forum, but it still crashes!

Any help?

Here i highlited the part where i get the crash.

Chemical Room:

Put on the gas mask, use a rock to break the rusty pipes, replace the pipes with the good ones scattered around the room go into the airlock. Take a right, there's an infected that just stands around here, go grab a barrel and toss it to distract him so the infected moves a bit then you can hit the switch he's standing next to. Run to the door that just got unlocked.

The next section is protected by green light security cameras, the idea is to find a switch and use it to open the next set of locked doors. If you get caught you need to go back and enable the switch again. It's easy to get past this section; there are 2 sets of rooms like this. After the 2nd room, leg it past the hallway and block the door by moving the big rack on the left in front of it. Grab the empty container from the floor and insert it on the left corner of the protected chemical container. Use the control levers to move the mechanical arm to grab the chemical and move it to the furthest left corner, drop it in the container and add it to your inventory. Use the lever on the right side of the room to open the airlock on the left side, run out and negotiate yourself through the steam releases, engage the valve and head straight out to the Examination Room. (HERE WHEN I TRY TO LEAVE ROOM IT CRASHES)

PS: I played Tech Demo and Overture without any problems, and i played Black Plague without any problems either, it´s just this door as far as i can see.
Well i got the solution, i don´t know if this is official but it helped me, no crash anymore.

I hope i can help others, here it is.

http://download.cnet.com/Penumbra-Black-...14688.html
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2010, 07:15 PM by qcenaman.)
09-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Find