Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash during gameplay, not at start of maps (some spoilers)
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Crash during gameplay, not at start of maps (some spoilers)

Hi! I'm no longer able to proceed in the game to a consistent crash at a very specific moment. Namely...

Spoiler below!
Every time I try to lower the fresh meat into the well in the torture nave, I hear less than a second of the creature at the bottom's roar and the game immediately shuts down.

I've tried exiting the area and re-loading. I'm assuming this has something to do with that very last bit in the log about not being able to find unique child IDs, but I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to remedy that. Sad

I had a couple crashes earlier in the game, but upon rebooting the game I was able to get past those points with no problem on the second try. I know the first one was when I threw something at a glass covered table that had nothing to do with the plot, and I can't remember what the second one was at all.

I'm running Vista, and am thoroughly enjoying the game so far. Can't wait to see the end (if I can make it, haha).
09-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Find
cocarancia123 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crash during gameplay, not at start of maps

I will reply to this thread with a very similar issue instead of creating a new thread since I'm also crashing right when the game is loading the Torture Nave (21) map.

I'm attaching the error screen and here's the relevant part of the log:

LOADING SAVE GAME!
-------- Loading map '20_sewer.map' ---------
    Cache Loading: 4323 ms
  Entities: 1717 ms
  Compilation: 64 ms
  Total: 6716 ms
  Meshes created: 353
  Bodies created: 182
-------- Loading complete ---------
WARNING: Could not find player start node ''
ERROR: StartPos '' does not exist!
ERROR: Could not find particle system 'PS_WaterWheelStream'
ERROR: Could not find sound entity 'CogMachinery'
-------- END LOAD ---------
-------- Loading map '21_torture_nave.map' ---------
    Cache Loading: 2203 ms
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right03' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right04' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right05' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right03' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right04' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right05' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left03' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left04' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left05' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left03' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left04' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left05' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
  Entities: 8802 ms
  Compilation: 45 ms
  Total: 11644 ms
  Meshes created: 395
  Bodies created: 175
09-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Have you both tried running as administrator and settings so the game has write permissions to the install folder?
09-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Find
cocarancia123 Offline

Threads: 0

(09-10-2010, 09:42 AM)Thomas Wrote: Have you both tried running as administrator and settings so the game has write permissions to the install folder?

Yes, I tried running Amnesia.exe as administrator. I'm running Win7 64bit.
09-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Have you set write permissions to the program? Might also try updating graphic cards drivers just in case.
09-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-10-2010, 04:16 AM)cocarancia123 Wrote: I will reply to this thread with a very similar issue instead of creating a new thread since I'm also crashing right when the game is loading the Torture Nave (21) map.

I'm attaching the error screen and here's the relevant part of the log:

LOADING SAVE GAME!
-------- Loading map '20_sewer.map' ---------
    Cache Loading: 4323 ms
  Entities: 1717 ms
  Compilation: 64 ms
  Total: 6716 ms
  Meshes created: 353
  Bodies created: 182
WARNING: Could not find player start node ''
ERROR: StartPos '' does not exist!
-------- END LOAD ---------
-------- Loading map '21_torture_nave.map' ---------
    Cache Loading: 2203 ms
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right03' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right04' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right05' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right03' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right04' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right05' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left03' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left04' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left05' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left03' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left04' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left05' in model 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
  Entities: 8802 ms
  Compilation: 45 ms
  Total: 11644 ms
  Meshes created: 395
  Bodies created: 175

You're using Steam, right?

Verify game integrity.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

I ran as administrator, crash at the exact same place. I checked permissions, seems like they were okay, but I'm also no whiz at this stuff. I'll get my comp sci housemate to double check for me whenever the hell he wakes up. :|

In the mean time, I don't think it's a graphics driver issue. I mean, I've played the game up until this point perfectly with graphics on high and a gorgeous framerate, and then this stupid piece of meat hits the bottom of a well and all off a sudden it can't progress. It's actually kind of funny every time I try to test it after changing something because I have that awesome anticipation of lowering it down hoping it works and then BAM.... the program shuts down. After playing Amnesia for a few hours, I actually jumped the first time. Tongue
09-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

I confirmed the permissions with my housemate. They're set right.

Any ideas? It seems like it has to do with those last two lines about child IDs in the fresh meat entity, but I don't really know what that means and I'd like to keep on keeping on and get through this.

I mean, it does seems like I can progress without making the tonic, but I really do want to "help" poor Agrippa. I might finish the game for what it's worth without this bit, but if there's a solution, it would be nice to employ it. Thanks. Smile

EDIT: So I progressed, and as it turns out it looks like there is more than one well I can use to lower the meat. The glitched one is the one attached to the hallway leading into the Transept. The one found after being imprisoned worked just fine. It's still pretty baffling to me, but it looks like I can finish the game at least.....?
09-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Find