Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple pages in notes with narration.
ThornySnail Offline

Threads: 3
Multiple pages in notes with narration.

Hi, I know how to make notes with narration, but I have a slight problem.

The last note I've written is quite long and it would only fit on about 1.5 pages which is why I want to create another page within the same note. I've seen this in the original singleplayer I'm pretty sure.

So the first page of the note would have text and then below it is a button to flip the page to the second. I believe it looks like an arrow pointing right.

Does anyone know what the script is and do I simply add it into a sentence in extra_english.lang like we add [br] ?

Thanks
02-29-2016, 02:54 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Multiple pages in notes with narration.

I dont know quite remember the answer myself, but if you just look up the lang entries of notes with more than one page from the main game or a custom story, you should be able to find out and reference that.
02-29-2016, 03:15 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Yeah, just check the main ones. If I remember though, I think it was [new_page] or [newpage]. Not too certain though, since I've never used them.

02-29-2016, 03:20 AM
Find
ThornySnail Offline

Threads: 3

Ok I've just checked the main ones and the code is [br][new_page][br]

But the problem is, it doesn't seem to work when narration is present in the note. None of the original notes which had pages in them seemed to have narration in them as well.

When you have both [voice keepernote.ogg] and the [br][new_page][br] later on in the note, it just doesn't pick up the new page. It's like it was never there and all the text is cluttered onto a single page.

Can you guys think of any other way of to make it work with scripting?

I have 1 idea to trigger to use PlayGuiSound ("keepernote.snt", 100); upon clicking the note, but will it actually play whilst the note is opened? Even if it will, it will continue playing if the player cancels reading the note prior to the sound finishing.

Uhg this really sucks. Trouble is, I want every single note narrated in my custom story Sad
02-29-2016, 03:44 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Narrated notes are different because they are supposed to automatically turn to the next page when the voice reaches the end. They also don't use back and forth buttons at all; if you click, you skip to the next page and the next page's narration. You can't go back.

Therefore you must use another method. I don't remember what it was, but I think it might be that you just add another [voice file.ogg] instead of [new_page]. Remember to split the narration into one file per page.

02-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Find