Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Rating?
Unregistered

RE: Rating?

To me this just shows how censorship works. :/
Yay. We only have to wait till we get back secret police officers that will hit you on the head everytime you say "fuck".

Siriously though, Penumbra: Overtune is a game not meant for children.
10-11-2006, 02:18 PM
DrPreston
Unregistered

I'm not a child. I'll actually be 18 when the game is released, but as long as I'm living in this house, everything gets censored. My mom doesn't even want me playing most T games, but my dad's the final verdict. He let me get halo cos there really is no gore like the rating says. Only blood. (flood don't count.)

So, anyway, hope it gets a T rating. If you stay away from 'S' words and 'F' words u should be safe, and don't make blood spurt everywhere when u hit a monster, cos that's just stupid.
10-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I am sorry for you DrPreston that you have such idiotic (idiotic in the regards of adhearing to rating) parents, but you must understand that you are a minorty.

Overtune won't be a game that is meant for the young. It will be DEAD sirious game, the type not meant for children. It is regardless if it has blood, motherfucking swearing, gore or violence at all, it is a game not meant for children at all. The developers have the final word, but a HORROR game isn't excatly about flowers and rabbits.
10-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Overtune.., That name has a certain tone to it =)

But seriously we (or atleast I) doesn´t even think about ratings of this sort, making the game as nice as possible is the most important task for the moment.
10-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Besides, making a game SPECIFICLY meant to adhear to censorship is just wrong. The game developers know what they need to do.
10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

but a HORROR game isn't excatly about flowers and rabbits.

Barbie games are sometimes scary, SOMETIMES, and they sometimes have flowers and wittle itsy bisty wabbits^-^There sooooo cute^_^Awwwwwwwww*hug a wabbit*

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Website Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

Emil Wrote:Overtune.., That name has a certain tone to it =)

But seriously we (or atleast I) doesn´t even think about ratings of this sort, making the game as nice as possible is the most important task for the moment.
thats a good idea cause the horror game i made was to horrable and im only 11 lots of gore they say damn alot way to desterbing and the story just way to grim for example gready scientists taking dead peaple and turning them into super soilders super soilder loves killing peaple so much he goes on a killing spree killing evrybody even his creaters and when he killed evrybody and no one was left he got so upset he went into a coma.just how disturbing whele super soilder takes inosint children and forses the adults to awnser questons and get all of them rigt or there children die unspeakable deaths
12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

^wha?

If that had 1 period in it that would be the longest "sentence" here...

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
12-30-2006, 03:09 AM
Website Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

I say just let the creator create what they want and forget about censorship it just tends to water down the impact of the story and there is no fine line it's all based on options any way.
12-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Find
Jusal Offline

Threads: 0

Yup, as far as I can figure out what Sepai is saying I'm with him. Trying to go under some specific rating often forces some of the previous ideas made "milder". It gives the best results just to finish the game how it was planned and then take a look at the rating afterwards.

Also I'm sorry for you DrPreston but please leave those "u"'s out, they don't really fit forum (Or if you ask me: Any) language.
01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Find