Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

Just finished the game this morning. XD

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

I felt some sympathy for Daniel, since he had gotten himself into an awful situation, but at the same time, he chose to do what he did. He could have walked away from it all. Granted, the Shadow would have killed him, but he would have died an innocent man.

I also felt sympathy for Alexander. Yes, he tortured and murdered innocent humans, so he not innocent at all, but since the game hinted that where he's from, humans are pretty low on the totem pole, it changes things a bit. If I was stuck in another world where the technology was way behind my home world's and I was desperate to get back home to my sweetheard before the locals came to take my head off, and all I had to do was say, torture and kill some creature that is a lowlife to me, I probably would have done it. At the same time though, he's been here long enough to know that killing humans = bad.

Agrippa I was pretty ambivalent on. I really didn't have any thoughts or feelings on him.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

I went for the Revenge ending first.

3) How did you like the ending?

I felt very satisfied that I had completed the game, though I had hoped for something a bit more exciting. Something with maybe a mad chase, or a puzzle or something to liven it up.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I already knew about the other endings, so I reloaded my last save and got the other two after the credits rolled. I really don't have a favorite, and I just wanted to see what other outcomes were available.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2011, 12:11 AM by eiahmon.)
03-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Find
mb2494 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.
My thoughts on myself were quite different from most peoples. Obviously Daniel did horrible things, but as the player, you were him. And the most basic human instict is to survive, and what Daniel did, was simply be human. I didn't really question the whole antagonist thing, until Alexander started talking to me, and it was only then I thought about just why he was doing what he did. Agrippa was the only thing in the game not wanting to kill me so whether or not he had alterior motives, I didn't really think about at the time Smile my first impression was though, it had to be too good to be true.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?
I put Agrippas head through the portal, and it was a choice Smile

3) How did you like the ending?
A bit... open ended. But still good, on its own.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?
I got all of them, bar the prison cell ending. Overall I felt unsatisfied. You work your way through all those hard puzzles and chase scenes, to be left which a pathetic little puzzle, and no struggle in the end at all.
The castle collapsing would've been nice Tongue
My favourite was probably....... The revenge ending, because it just seemed more conclusive, more rewarding for the masses of effort you've done to get out of the castle.
03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Find