Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Voice acting
Cryme Offline

Threads: 2
Voice acting

The voice acting in this game has to be some of the best I`ve heard in awhile. Whoever does Daniel`s voice has done an excellent job. Bravo. Really adds to the immersion. Also congrats to Frictional Games for making a game I don`t want to play. I mean that in a good way. Have to build up the courage so to speak. Well back to the torture---I mean fun!
Cryme
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Voice acting

Conversely, whoever voiced Aggripa did a terrible job.

[Image: ramona_victory.gif]
09-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Find
Cryme Offline

Threads: 2

(09-10-2010, 09:22 PM)PerfectBlue Wrote: Conversely, whoever voiced Aggripa did a terrible job.

I wouldn`t know. Didn`t get that far.
09-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Find
lherrmann Offline

Threads: 0

I loved the voice acting too, especially towards the end of the game. You can hear how the realization of the things he was doing slowly enter his mind, slowly driving him into madness. While Alexander sounded like an evil, manipulative bastard right from the beginning, (kinda reminded me of Constantine from Thief: TDP) I thought the tone of Daniel's voice in the first two thirds of the game a little sounded a little forced at times. But towards the end, sometimes I wasn't even sure, if it was Daniel or Alexander, who was talking. Especially in that one scene where
Spoiler below!

Daniel has to sacrifice the murderer to ward off the shadow that was haunting him. I couldn't tell, if Daniel was talking to himself to bring himself to do what he had to, or if Alexander was standing next to him giving him orders. I only know, it was one of my favorite scenes in the game.

"Paint the man! Cut the lines! PAINT THE MAN! CUT THE LINES!" ... brilliant Smile

09-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Find
sacroid Offline

Threads: 11

I didn't liked
Spoiler below!
Agrippa's voice
either lol. It's... annoying? yeah, something like that.
Daniel's voice is just great. Alexander was my favourite voice, so real, and so misterious. It was great.

09-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Find
Reportin' Offline

Threads: 3

(09-10-2010, 09:22 PM)PerfectBlue Wrote: Conversely, whoever voiced Aggripa did a terrible job.

It's the cringeworthy fake German accent.
09-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Find
ploppytheman Offline

Threads: 0

Where's Red? I loved Red's voice. His lines were so awesome and so well done Big Grin
09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Alexander's voice was the best in my opinion, he just sounded so evil sometimes like "...it lies beneath the very stone of Brennenburg". Muahahahaha!
09-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

(09-10-2010, 09:17 PM)Cryme Wrote: The voice acting in this game has to be some of the best I`ve heard in awhile. Whoever does Daniel`s voice has done an excellent job. Bravo. Really adds to the immersion. Also congrats to Frictional Games for making a game I don`t want to play. I mean that in a good way. Have to build up the courage so to speak. Well back to the torture---I mean fun!
Cryme

I think the contrary the voice actor i'm sure did is best to give some emotion to the lines but in some of them he didn't sound realistic at all, i will go as far as to say some lines felt as if separated from what the character would really feel when in that situation. I can't pin point particular frases now but i have a certain sensibility about this subject (i'm a actor my self).

I don't doubt they did their best and i'm sure they will be better in the future.

(09-11-2010, 03:14 AM)ploppytheman Wrote: Where's Red? I loved Red's voice. His lines were so awesome and so well done Big Grin

The "Red" voice actor is in deed in this game you just need to listen carefully. Wink
09-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Find
CD Set Offline

Threads: 1

I knew it! I actually came into this topic wanting to know if it was the same person, so I guess this confirms it.

Anyway, as for Daniel's voice... I guess it was okay, but I really would have liked if it didn't sound like he was doing a dramatic reading all the time. I mean, tone it down a bit and it would've been great.
09-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Find