Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story arc with a particular woman?
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12
Story arc with a particular woman?

I just completed the game, and I was under the impression there was a girl that was of paramount importance to the story. I recall through watching some of the early footage it would often have a girl screaming, and the developers themselves said this was important.

Yet I dont recally hearing anything about her, or what the rose petals represented.

[Image: ramona_victory.gif]
09-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Find
ploppytheman Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Story arc with a particular woman?

It's the girl you killed. You were killing supposed rapists, murderers, kidnappers, etc and torturing them. At least thats what Alexander said they were. When you killed innocents, aka a little girl, you revolted and decided to fight Alexander because you couldn't justify the murder of innocents. Alexander got lazy in his lies and said her insolence was why she would have to die.

Rose petals? Iono maybe it represents the girl you killed and it guides you to seek vengeance against Alexander.
09-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Spoiler below!
What ploppytheman said. I think it's the same girl you also hear in flashbacks in the Storage area, with one where she's being stabbed to death. Was it Daniel who stabbed her?
09-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12

Right, I think killing the girl when Daniel questions what he has been doing blindly all along, and I believe this is when he decides to drink the Amnesia potion.

But the problem is they only played the girls scream ONE time to my knowledge. This should be something that HAUNTS Daniel the whole time, and he hears throughout his journey through the castle, and as I recall this wasn't so. For such a crucial plot element I think there are some missed opportunities.
09-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Find
ploppytheman Offline

Threads: 0

(09-11-2010, 02:22 AM)PerfectBlue Wrote: Right, I think killing the girl when Daniel questions what he has been doing blindly all along, and I believe this is when he decides to drink the Amnesia potion.

But the problem is they only played the girls scream ONE time to my knowledge. This should be something that HAUNTS Daniel the whole time, and he hears throughout his journey through the castle, and as I recall this wasn't so. For such a crucial plot element I think there are some missed opportunities.

It came up along with Daniel telling the mother things like when the mother tried to get her daughter to escape through the hole "you don't know whats down there she could get hurt". Also in the very beginning near the wine cellar you hear a woman yell "get away from me" and at various other parts. It couldn't haunt him b/c his memory was partial but it was so traumatic it was still seeping into his mind. Thats what I gathered anyway.
09-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Find
Reportin' Offline

Threads: 3

The petals are probably coming from the Damascus rose mentioned numerous times throughout the game,
which is one of the ingredients for the amnesia potion.
09-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Find