Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighting problems on ATI RADEON 9600
hoodlawz Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Lighting problems on ATI RADEON 9600

Hi y'all!I was realy waiting this game to come out so i can play!finaly is out and after changing drivers from omega 4.8 to ATI 10.2 Legacy the game normaly run,The problem is i cannot enter journal...like the users of radeon x series,but the bigest problem is that the lights flickering when i move cursor or when i move with keybord,creating black places ewerywhere,this happens only when i am moving,not when stand still,i set all to low and is still the same!!Please help i really wanna play this game!sorry for bad english
09-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Find
Culer Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Lighting problems on ATI RADEON 9600

(09-11-2010, 02:51 AM)hoodlawz Wrote: Hi y'all!I was realy waiting this game to come out so i can play!finaly is out and after changing drivers from omega 4.8 to ATI 10.2 Legacy the game normaly run,The problem is i cannot enter journal...like the users of radeon x series,but the bigest problem is that the lights flickering when i move cursor or when i move with keybord,creating black places ewerywhere,this happens only when i am moving,not when stand still,i set all to low and is still the same!!Please help i really wanna play this game!sorry for bad english

What is the rest of your computer and how much fps do you get with radeon 9600?
Also try to turn off shadows (not set them to low but turn them off ) and everything else that can be turned off ...
09-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Find
hoodlawz Offline

I have Amd athlon 1800+ 768mb of ram and ati 9600GE 128mb,so far ewery game that i try play nice,for example Stalker,so it isnt problem with pc,i hawe turned shadows off and set ewerything to low,but the problem remains,game runs at decent framerate,but when i mowe cursor and mowe with keyboard lights flickering and the problem remains,maybe is problem with openGl,i cant instal newest driwers because My card is unsuported(ati legacy)I know it can be fixed because it is not that big problem,maybe frictional games should consider this prob in their patch,since 9600is listed in minimum req!
09-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Find
hoodlawz Offline

Will somebody help me with this problem?is there temporary solution for this?i hope someone from fictional will fix this!
09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Wait for a patch ...

the first penumbra-series game also had a patch/hotfix for this ati-related error :

http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/77/

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Pen...tfix.shtml

?
09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Website Find
hoodlawz Offline

Penumbra worked great for me,no glitches and problems!this is the only prob for now,maybe is a problem with open gl light rendering or something like that
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Find