Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Death in the game
dvow Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Death in the game

After I went down the hatch in the refinery
Spoiler below!
I made it by the water monster at first. But in that long hallway with a series of doors, I was so sloppy and scared, I kept getting stuck at a door and dying. I died twice. On the third run, the water monster did start chasing me again, but this time not on the first door, but after I closed the second door, which made things a lot easier for me. Maybe after you die, the game sometimes lowers the 'difficulty level' at certain parts?
09-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Find
kLy Offline

Threads: 2

So: seems like overall, no major effects anyone has noticed? And any effects do seem to be immediate and help the difficulty rather than hinder it?
09-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Find
Perogi Offline

I died to the monster in the Choir twice. First time I respawned back at the entrance of the Choir. Second time I respawned in the middle of the Choir which sacred the shit out of me. By that point I had a mental map drawn but plunking me down in the middle of a massive dark room completely threw my bearings.
09-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Hmmm , i never die.

after dying , i don"T continue right away but instead exit the game and then continue from "save and exit point" .

?
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Website Find
dvow Offline

(09-12-2010, 11:01 PM)CHANCEPHOENIX Wrote: Hmmm , i never die.

after dying , i don"T continue right away but instead exit the game and then continue from "save and exit point" .

So you're not playing the game how the developers intended it to be played? Well good for you.
09-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Find
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3

Well, in prison i saw two "excellent" locks doors. One of them had tinderbox just on the other side. I died once before (flow flesh in the water part). So, if i didn't the doors would've been closed? Oo
09-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Website Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

It seems that the difficulty, or at least something DOES change, and to proof it, I made a custom room, just square, with a brute in it, it attacked me and I died, when I respawned, it was gone, no scripts were used. Confused
09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Find
ChrisSmith Offline

Threads: 0

***SPOILERS***

I was messing around in the morgue area, after injecting myself with the blood from the corpse. I allowed myself to be repeatedly killed by the brute, each time respawning in the same area. After about 2-3 deaths I got a message "The Shadow is closing in..." and when I respawned the area was covered in fleshy stuff etc.

Thought it was a nice touch.
09-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Find
MartyrShu Offline

Threads: 2

Yeah, something similar happened to me:
Spoiler below!
I was in the water monster area and died a few times in the large room where you have to throw the body parts to distract it. Anyway, I respawn and it's not there. I'm like, THE HELL? honestly thinking it was messing with me. As soon as I opened the gate, though, it started bashing down the door behind it and came after me.

Thought that was a nice touch.

[Image: 1iee0j.gif]
09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Find
Mekose Offline

I think a story element comes into play here. Daniel is going insane, and if I'm correct, whenever you die you actually "wake up" and stand up off the ground and continue. Instead of just "respawning" instantly while standing. So, perhaps instead of dieing you actually just get knocked unconscious or it was all an allusion. Again, correct me if I'm wrong here. I think the "shadow" is just fucking with Daniel, or his own insanity. Maybe the shadow feeds off of Daniels fear or "vitae", that's why
Spoiler below!
sacrificing servants to the shadow delays it
I've noticed that different things happen on playthroughs. I'm currently playing with a friend, talking over voice chat, and doing the exact same things in the game together. To soften the scary blow. I've noticed that things happen differently for me. For example I've died at least 1 or 2 times more than my friend. I've seen a lot more of that fleshy stuff around (We named it "Grace"). Also, whenever I've been killed by a monster it disappears or appears somewhere else, always keeping you on your toes.
09-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Find