Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control Room Bug
Running Scared Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Control Room Bug

Hi

I took some screenshots of the bug I'm experiencing see below. I 've tried reloading previous saved games but with no luck. I don't want to start over for this to happen again. (just to scary)

Where the weight supposed to be.
http://flic.kr/p/8AoAXG

Chain stretches across the room through the wall.
http://flic.kr/p/8AoAYU

Ah.... here is the weight stuck in the wall.
http://flic.kr/p/8AkwRR
09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Control Room Bug

(09-12-2010, 07:33 PM)Running Scared Wrote: Hi

I took some screenshots of the bug I'm experiencing see below. I 've tried reloading previous saved games but with no luck. I don't want to start over for this to happen again. (just to scary)

Where the weight supposed to be.
http://flic.kr/p/8AoAXG

Chain stretches across the room through the wall.
http://flic.kr/p/8AoAYU

Ah.... here is the weight stuck in the wall.
http://flic.kr/p/8AkwRR
Have you tried leaving and re-entering the Control Room? There is a problem with the save states of individual rooms (all objects/doors in default positions) and it may revert the weights back to their normal positions.
09-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Something as glitched badly. You will need to load a save game before entering the control room.
09-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Find
Running Scared Offline

Thanks for the feedback Smile

Yes I've tried re-entering the Control Room, it defaults two of the weights back to original positions but the first one still remains stuck, my saved games only go back to the start of the cistern and when I load that saved game the weight is still stuck, I've even tried throwing box's at the stuck weight but that didn't work lol. I'm thinking my saved games maybe corrupt, if so I'll have to re-start the game.
09-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-13-2010, 03:16 PM)Running Scared Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Smile

Yes I've tried re-entering the Control Room, it defaults two of the weights back to original positions but the first one still remains stuck, my saved games only go back to the start of the cistern and when I load that saved game the weight is still stuck, I've even tried throwing box's at the stuck weight but that didn't work lol. I'm thinking my saved games maybe corrupt, if so I'll have to re-start the game.

You could change the script to add an impulse to the weight in the OnEnter() function.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Find
Running Scared Offline

(09-13-2010, 03:19 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:

You could change the script to add an impulse to the weight in the OnEnter() function.

If you could point me in the right area. I've looked at the "17_control_room.hps" and found The OnEnter() function but I have no knowledge how to add an impulse in the script.

Thanks in advance
09-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-13-2010, 05:42 PM)Running Scared Wrote:
(09-13-2010, 03:19 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:

If you could point me in the right area. I've looked at the "17_control_room.hps" and found The OnEnter() function but I have no knowledge how add an impulse in the script.

Thanks in advance

You have to find the name of the weight, by looking at the .map file.

I'm not sure what the name of the weight model actually is... But these entities has something to do with chains/weights, at least. You could apply an impulse to all of them.

Ton_Chain01_End_Left
Ton_Chain02_End_Left
Ton_Chain03_End_Left
Mount_Chain03_Start_Left
Mount_Chain02_Start_Left
Wheel_Chain01_End_Left
Wheel_Chain03_End_Left
Wheel_Chain02_End_Left

Ton_Chain01_End_Right
Ton_Chain02_End_Right
Ton_Chain03_End_Right
Mount_Chain03_Start_Right
Mount_Chain02_Start_Right

Then on a line in the OnEnter() function, you'd do something like

AddPropImpulse("Wheel_Chain01_End_Left", 100, 0, 0, "World")
Which would add an impulse to the entity named "Wheel_Chain01_End_Left" (100 (newtons?) on the X-axis).

Function syntax:
AddPropImpulse(string &in asName, float afX, float afY, float afZ, string &in asCoordSystem)

[Image: 16455.png]
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Find
Running Scared Offline

Thanks for all the help I've fixed it Smile

In the 17_control_room.map I was able to move the world location of the Mount_Chain03_Start_Left and Ton_Chain03_End_Left just enough to put it back in the room.

Cheers,

Now I can keep on running scared Smile
09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Find