Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could you please make the Level Editor pack all sound/custom content into 1 file?
placeboing Offline

Threads: 1
Music  Could you please make the Level Editor pack all sound/custom content into 1 file?

Hello. I love your game, and the level editor looks great. I have never done much level creation aside from some very basic L4D levels. I hope to spend more time with the Amnesia editor.

What I wanted to request is, could you please make it so that we can create custom music / sounds for our levels, and have them be saved with the levels we create? Basically, I want people installing my level to only have to do ONE thing: either copy files to one folder, or run a level-installer that the editor would generate on export.

The reason I am requesting this is that I am primarily a musician. The whole reason I want to create fun levels is so that I could also create music for my levels. I know that L4D had a very annoying installation process if you included custom content - users even had to run "rebuildsoundcache" or whatever in order to get our custom sounds to work correctly.

Just a thought. Really great game!
09-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Could you please make the Level Editor pack all sound/custom content into 1 file?

(09-11-2010, 10:46 PM)placeboing Wrote: Hello. I love your game, and the level editor looks great. I have never done much level creation aside from some very basic L4D levels. I hope to spend more time with the Amnesia editor.

What I wanted to request is, could you please make it so that we can create custom music / sounds for our levels, and have them be saved with the levels we create? Basically, I want people installing my level to only have to do ONE thing: either copy files to one folder, or run a level-installer that the editor would generate on export.

The reason I am requesting this is that I am primarily a musician. The whole reason I want to create fun levels is so that I could also create music for my levels. I know that L4D had a very annoying installation process if you included custom content - users even had to run "rebuildsoundcache" or whatever in order to get our custom sounds to work correctly.

Just a thought. Really great game!

You can. You can make anything that's in the original game. Maps, sound, music, models. Even commentaries.

You put it all in a folder in the custom_stories folder.

Here's an example of my current layout:

Quote:\custom_stories\Morten1\custom_story_settings.cfg
\custom_stories\Morten1\story.png

\custom_stories\Morten1\commentary\
\custom_stories\Morten1\commentary\00_morten_introduction.ogg
\custom_stories\Morten1\commentary\00_morten_introduction.comment

\custom_stories\Morten1\maps\
\custom_stories\Morten1\maps\ch01\00_daniels_room.hps
\custom_stories\Morten1\maps\ch01\00_daniels_room_servant_grunt.nodes
\custom_stories\Morten1\maps\ch01\00_daniels_room.map

People only need to place Morten1 in the custom_stories folder, then start the game, choose "Custom Story", and voilá.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Find
placeboing Offline

RE: Could you please make the Level Editor pack all sound/custom content into 1 file?

Well that is great to know. Thanks for your reply. I can't wait for the editor.
09-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5

.zip support would be nice, or a custom rolling thereof. Ideally we want to be able to drop DanielsDayOut.amnesia into the custom story folder, with only one file for our players to worry about.
09-12-2010, 04:27 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-12-2010, 04:27 AM)Mikezila Wrote: .zip support would be nice, or a custom rolling thereof. Ideally we want to be able to drop DanielsDayOut.amnesia into the custom story folder, with only one file for our players to worry about.

No, we don't. That's one of the great things about HPL. Nothing packed, nothing binary, nothing encrypted.

09-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Find
ScorpyX Offline

its really really nice!

ppl can just download *.rar file mod from internet-page
and extract after

but modding be easy
09-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Find
marzy Offline

Threads: 2

I'm a hobbiest muscian and can't wait to make levels myself so I can add my own music. I loved the original music though.

I'm posting this just the pass the time, I can't wait for the editor Sad
09-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4294.html

09-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Find