Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestions and Ideas
Unregistered

RE: Suggestions and Ideas

You should not complain. Tongue
10-22-2006, 07:23 PM
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

Dark_reaver.....are they telling you things about the game?
TELL US IF THEY ARE!O.O

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Website Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20

well i do talk to jens on msn.
he tells me "exclusive" things but i know i cant just throw it around Smile
let jens and thomas handle the news things Smile
and besides, outdoor areas allready have been discussed on the forums somewhere (il look up the thread when i have more time then now Smile )

and btw, is Dark_Raver ^^

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2006, 04:39 PM by piibii.)
10-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

>Sad
I'll....uh...compliment you if you tell me some things!
=)
That I don't know also>_>About the game>_>That we arn't supposed to know.
Tak to ma gam_gam3@hotmail
I DEMEND HIDDEN THINGS FROM THE GAME!
I bet there letting you beta test it...prob giving you money...
They prob have given you their life savings you ass.
-.-
(I'm joking btw)

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Website Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20

compliment huConfused like saying thank you
i added you to msn so we can sort this out personaly
and btw, the game is probably far from betatesting since they are only working about like 2 months?(no i am not telling you anything, its just common sence)

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
10-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Find
Unregistered

It would be wise for Jens and the other developers to have a media blackout about ingame content, till everything is finalised and solid.

Also gamgam2? I WANT DUKE NUKEM FOREVER (the game)! SO DOES 100000+ FANS! But we get it when it's ready. Be patient.
10-24-2006, 03:33 PM
gamgam2 Offline

>_>
I was joking....Or was I....
And you don't have to add me=/ I fully/semi/not really understand that you can't give away info..yet...You need to gain their trust and than tell everyone about it 3 months after the game is released silly>.>

10-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Website Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

Dark_Raver Wrote:
Rowedekhelicon Wrote:
Dark_Raver Wrote:1. you mean like in rainbow six raven shield?
*shrugs* I don't play those games, but I'll bet you're right. Smile

well let me explain the Smile, it had a smooth movement key, when you hold it and move your mous from left to right will cause it to lean (the farther you pushed the farther he will lean) and from top to bottom to crouch and stand
but now you mention thats a verry good idea to implent :p
Exactly! .. Well, except I don't know about the crouch/stand axis... unless you mean that it would replace the crouch key as well. THAT might be interesting. And the lower you crouch the slower you move. At the lowest crouch you're creeping along so slowly that enemies can hardly even hear your footsteps. ... But my original idea was that forward mouse movements would result in leaning forward. I remember in the Thief series it was useful (and immersive) sometimes to lean forward to see over a railing or whatever. Smile In any case your crouch idea sounds a lot lot better. I'd love to have that smooth movement key bound to the middle mouse button. Good times. ^_^
10-24-2006, 10:45 PM
gamgam2 Offline

Well, you can lean over to the right+left(I believe it's like Q and E)
And have you ever crouched really low to the ground, and walked like that for about a hundred yards? Damn, can't walk up stairs for days if you arn't used to it>_<

10-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Website Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

gamgam2 Wrote:Well, you can lean over to the right+left(I believe it's like Q and E)
And have you ever crouched really low to the ground, and walked like that for about a hundred yards?  Damn, can't walk up stairs for days if you arn't used to it>_<
I know. I mentioned Q&E earlier in this thread. The point is it's too mechanical. Not immersive enough. It would be more immersive if leaning were controlled with the mouse. ... Or failing that at least an improvement in the camera movement of the lean function. Right now it looks like your head is attached to hydraulics! :S

As for crouching, I think it's different than kneeling. I crouch-walked constantly in Thief: The Dark Project. I just imagined Garrett hunched over all stealthy like.
10-24-2006, 11:06 PM