Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Change Windows version to Linux version
jawix Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Change Windows version to Linux version

Hi!

I have just yesterday purchased the Windows version of the Penumbra Collection. However, I have changed my mind and I would like to play the game under a Linux operating system. Is it somehow possible to change my download link or even the already downloaded Windows version to a Linux version of the game?

Regards,
jawix
09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Change Windows version to Linux version

Hello,

No sorry a purchase is a purchase as the game and serial is instantly download-able and usable.
09-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Website Find
KavazovAngel Offline

Threads: 13

(09-12-2010, 12:05 PM)jawix Wrote: Hi!

I have just yesterday purchased the Windows version of the Penumbra Collection. However, I have changed my mind and I would like to play the game under a Linux operating system. Is it somehow possible to change my download link or even the already downloaded Windows version to a Linux version of the game?

Regards,
jawix

You can try running the game with Wine.
09-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Find
brian Offline

Threads: 1

To add salt to the wound,.. The Linux version runs beautifully on Fedora 12 and Fedora 13. I've recommended the game to two friends of mine (one runs Linux and the other runs W7). After seeing the game run so well under Linux they both purchased the game for Linux.
09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Find
MatLax Offline

Threads: 0

That's too bad, if I had known I would have bought the collection on steam instead, I just bought a Mac to replace my PC and I can't download the Mac version of the game because I decided to buy the game through your own store thinking that it would mean more money for you guys... At least I decided to go for the steam version of Amnesia (that I pre-ordered with the collection) so I just downloaded it for the second time but on Mac instead! That will teach me
10-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Find
cyzz Offline

this is, in fact, an unbelievable situation.
I can handle this but its really strange ...

cc
10-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Find
MatLax Offline

In fact they're thinking like any company would if they sold a boxed copy of a game. Once you buy a boxed copy you cannot go back to the store two months later and ask to change for the other version.

Is it a bad line of thought? I do think so, the price that frictional has to pay to allow us to have access to the game on another platform is just bandwidth and no matter which OS I decide to install the game on (because I have a Windows partition), I'll use the same bandwidth to re-download the game...

What I find funny is that through the humble indie bundle I can download Overture again... but for OSX this time Dodgy
10-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Find