Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

weapons?
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
weapons?

i know there is going to be some sort of a melee system to hold off monsters but are there allso melee weapons like knives sticks ...?
maybe you could make it so that the player can pick up any board, stick, batting object and use it as a weapon (requires alor of animation or procedural coding tough)

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

RE: weapons?

Yeah, it'd be great to use planks of wood and such. Maybe if the wood is rotten it shatters after a couple of full-strength hits leaving you empty handed. Indeed it would require a lot of animation, but if you want to make a quality game you've got to be willing to do some work, right? Wink

It's probably too much, but it would be awesome to be able to swing around a lantern as a weapon. It would show off the dynamic lighting system as the shadows danced all over the room. Then it shatters on the creature's face and the creature goes up in flames screaming. Big Grin I read the blog on fogging. So maybe the room starts to get smokey and remains that way for a while after, a soft plume of smoke still rising from the creature's smouldering corpse, big black scorch marks spread on the floor all around it. That would be freaking incredible. The lantern might even serve as your most powerful weapon in that way, but you have to decide whether you want to sacrifice your light source. Use it as a last resort.

Knives might be a little overpowering. I think I'd rather be limited to lead pipes and such, but whatever. I guess if it were introduced late in the series it would be a very nice treat by that time. They could introduce a large kitchen knife or an old pistol with limited ammo and we'd be like "OH HO HO HOHO! YESS!!!" ^_^ What we wouldn't realize at the time, however, is that we were about to face a boss where that extra power might not add up to much. o.o
10-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

as long as its hard to kill things with melee weapons I wont have to murder whoevers developing it >Sad
10-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

Well I just hope i don't have to kill every thing in my path there is enough games around in the FPS to pick from to do that sort of thing.
12-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
Smile  RE: weapons?

Dark_Raver Wrote:i know there is going to be some sort of a melee system to hold off monsters but are there allso melee weapons like knives sticks ...?
maybe you could make it so that the player can pick up any board, stick, batting object and use it as a weapon (requires alor of animation or procedural coding tough)
whele i was thinking you could find a dead worker who tried to kill a monster but failed and take a half empty pistol and kill a monster with that
12-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Find