Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't find...
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
can't find...

VERY MINOR PUZZLE-RELATED SPOILERS AHEAD!

I'm playing the Mac version.

I didn't know whether to put this in the Technical Support section or this one. I'm not sure whether the problem is me or the game. I hope that's OK.

Basically, I'm in the machine room trying to get the lift started. I've put all the rods into the machine and used the levers.

I also have two cogs in the machine, but I can't find the third - the one which goes on the rightmost end of the gears mechanism. I've got the inserted the left and middle cog.

I've just spent a couple of hours searching the machine rooms for the third cog, but I'm beginning to think I may have been the victim of a bug.

In the end I had to swallow my pride and try YouTube. As far as I can tell, the right-most cog can be found next to the machine where the rods go, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of the cog on my game.

Can anybody offer any assistance? I really have looked everywhere - including the ceiling!

Thanks.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: can't find...

(09-13-2010, 02:17 AM)Bulbatron Wrote: VERY MINOR PUZZLE-RELATED SPOILERS AHEAD!

I'm playing the Mac version.

I didn't know whether to put this in the Technical Support section or this one. I'm not sure whether the problem is me or the game. I hope that's OK.

Basically, I'm in the machine room trying to get the lift started. I've put all the rods into the machine and used the levers.

I also have two cogs in the machine, but I can't find the third - the one which goes on the rightmost end of the gears mechanism. I've got the inserted the left and middle cog.

I've just spent a couple of hours searching the machine rooms for the third cog, but I'm beginning to think I may have been the victim of a bug.

In the end I had to swallow my pride and try YouTube. As far as I can tell, the right-most cog can be found next to the machine where the rods go, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of the cog on my game.

Can anybody offer any assistance? I really have looked everywhere - including the ceiling!

Thanks.

I think there's one in the first room right down the stairs to the left, I think (When you first enter the map).

And there's one in the room with the machine, just to the left of the door when you enter. Behind some pipes, I think.

Not sure about the last... I think it's in the hallway, actually...

[Image: 16455.png]
09-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

If you want, you can put here a save game and we can try to confirm whether it's a bug or accidently missed cog.

09-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Website Find
TehSpeedyHomer Offline

Threads: 0

There is 1 cog in the study and 2 in the Storage. But in order to get the 2 in the storage you need to drill a hole in 2 barrels there(they're easy to find, tall ones), then there should be an explosive made which should be used for a place thats blocked by rocks(still in the storage) then whn you find it place the explosive and throw a rock at it to explode and continue on your way to find them. Also I think the rods should be Up Up Down Up Down Up.

09-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Website Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

(09-13-2010, 10:35 AM)TehSpeedyHomer Wrote: There is 1 cog in the study and 2 in the Storage. But in order to get the 2 in the storage you need to drill a hole in 2 barrels there(they're easy to find, tall ones), then there should be an explosive made which should be used for a place thats blocked by rocks(still in the storage) then whn you find it place the explosive and throw a rock at it to explode and continue on your way to find them. Also I think the rods should be Up Up Down Up Down Up.

You mixed cogs up with rods.

09-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-13-2010, 11:04 AM)Pandemoneus Wrote:
(09-13-2010, 10:35 AM)TehSpeedyHomer Wrote: There is 1 cog in the study and 2 in the Storage. But in order to get the 2 in the storage you need to drill a hole in 2 barrels there(they're easy to find, tall ones), then there should be an explosive made which should be used for a place thats blocked by rocks(still in the storage) then whn you find it place the explosive and throw a rock at it to explode and continue on your way to find them. Also I think the rods should be Up Up Down Up Down Up.

You mixed cogs up with rods.

Indeed.

Cog:
[Image: cog+of+death.gif]

09-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

(09-13-2010, 10:01 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: If you want, you can put here a save game and we can try to confirm whether it's a bug or accidently missed cog.

I would do, but I don't know how.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-13-2010, 11:17 AM)Bulbatron Wrote:
(09-13-2010, 10:01 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: If you want, you can put here a save game and we can try to confirm whether it's a bug or accidently missed cog.

I would do, but I don't know how.

Documents\Amnesia\Main\ << there's your profile folder.

09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Thanks, but I don't think it works like that for me because I'm using the Mac version.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-13-2010, 11:31 AM)Bulbatron Wrote: Thanks, but I don't think it works like that for me because I'm using the Mac version.

Library\Application Support\Frictional Games\Amnesia

09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Find