Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thanks
Jambe Offline

Threads: 1
Thanks

This is one of the most enjoyable games of the year. It's even more impressive considering the size of your team.

I don't have big criticisms. The voicing is off at times but it's understandable. A few item hunt puzzles took a bit of doing to complete and seemed to break the flow of the game, replacing nervous urgency with frustration. But I realize that's a byproduct of item-based puzzles in general, and I can't think of a way to improve on what's there short of simplifying puzzles with more overt object placement, which could remove a lot of tension.

The ambiance of this thing is extraordinary! It's beautifully done and seems like a labor of love. I was thoroughly unnerved the whole time and was frightened a good bit, too.

Also, kudos for releasing a complete, polished game. I played through without encountering glaring bugs or defects. It seems a sad reflection on the state of the industry that I feel compelled to congratulate you on a solid release client, but nonetheless, thanks for your attention to detail. It was refreshing not to need a half-dozen patches!
09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Thanks

Agreed! Now imagine what they could do with a decent budget, considering that Amnesia (which, by the way, I seriously consider to be better than almost all mainstream games like Call of Duty, Halo, etc.) was produced on a shoestring budget.
09-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Find
Quakeman224 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Thanks

(09-14-2010, 07:32 AM)Crabski Wrote: Agreed! Now imagine what they could do with a decent budget, considering that Amnesia (which, by the way, I seriously consider to be better than almost all mainstream games like Call of Duty, Halo, etc.) was produced on a shoestring budget.

Oh Agreed. even though mainstream is high. I pay attention to non mainstream because you find some good ones. Cryostasis is one and Alien Shooter is another. Penumbra was Amazing and Amnesia is even Better. Once Amnesia is active on Xfire, Ill be livestreaming it if anyone is interested. For now its Just Penumbra.
09-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Website Find