Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Steam keys
RetroMetal Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 7 Years, 11 Months, 2 Weeks ago Steam keys

Hello!

I just purchased this collection tonight and it was not very clear to me how I would be receiving the collection.

I'm fine with downloading the DRM-free version, however I would have preferred Steam Keys.

Is there any way to get Steam Keys without repurchasing this?
03-16-2016, 04:02 AM
Find
RetroMetal Offline

Solved: 7 Years, 11 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Steam keys

Wow, does anyone at Frictional even read the support forums anymore?
03-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Good question, I haven't seen the administrators for a long time.

You can try to enter the codes into Steam and see what happens. Penumbra is DRM-free on all platforms, including the physical retail, Steam and all the other possible places so I wouldn't think it's that big of a deal for the seller to offer you Steam codes if they don't work.

03-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Website Find
RetroMetal Offline

I purchased them on GOG.com through the Frictionalgames.com link.

(03-19-2016, 02:17 PM)IIPEE Wrote: Good question, I haven't seen the administrators for a long time.

You can try to enter the codes into Steam and see what happens. Penumbra is DRM-free on all platforms, including the physical retail, Steam and all the other possible places so I wouldn't think it's that big of a deal for the seller to offer you Steam codes if they don't work.
03-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

OK then. In this case, it's not really a problem since it is straight out competitor for Steam and their service and idea is different... It's something like going to McDonald's and take the receipt to Burger King just to ask for the product there, it's just not going to work. If the store sold keys to multiple stores, I would see more hope but with GOG it's not going to work. Anyway, I do have few suggestions though.

- If the game(s) came with any sort of activation or serial then try them on Steam (doubt this, but worth a try).
- Add them as a Non-Steam Games so you can launch them through Steam (doesn't add them into your Steam library for re-download but you can still play them through it until you uninstall).
- Start using GOG Galaxy (haven't used it myself yet but should be similar to Steam).

- We moderators are not responsible for the Steam keys, but you can contact Jens and/or Thomas directly (I think Thomas will say to contact Jens, but I still mentioned him anyway). However, please note that they are currently working on new secret stuff and rarely visit here so it might even take weeks or months to get your first answer and even then it might be a 'no'.
- As the last thing I will say that if you really, really want the Steam version and none of the above don't seem correct for you or didn't work out then wait for a sale on Steam (they probably have some Easter sale and if not then there is definitely a summer sale in few months). Penumbra Collection is usually 75-90% off and you don't have to pay for more than 3€.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2016, 01:37 PM by Yuhaney.)
03-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Website Find
RetroMetal Offline

I guess my point was, I purchased them through the link on the frictional games website and it was unclear where the product was coming from.

I wanted the steam version, it ended up being the GOG version. I mean, whatever, but still... I would have preferred the steam version and it was unclear where I was buying from.

I purchased a game a couple years ago through amazon.com that had bugs... I contacted the developer and they offered me a steam version of their game, so I have to assume frictional could resolve this for me.

But again, whatever.
03-24-2016, 02:40 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

What you can possibly do is refund your retail copy and use it to purchase the game again through Steam.

03-24-2016, 04:23 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

(03-24-2016, 02:40 AM)RetroMetal Wrote: I guess my point was, I purchased them through the link on the frictional games website and it was unclear where the product was coming from.

I understand. You mention a "frictionalgames.com link". Is this the link you bought the game from? When you follow the link and enter your email, it takes you to the Humble Bundle page and this DOES state that it also includes a Steam version on top of the DRM-free versions.

Humble Bundle - Whats Included? Wrote:Get Penumbra: Overture, Penumbra: Black Plague and the puzzle expansion Penumbra: Requiem for Windows/Mac/Linux! Comes with DRM-free versions and a Steam key!

If this was the link you bought it from, then the problem has to do with Humble Bundle and not GOG. I recommend you to recheck the Humble Bundle account and emails in case you have simply missed the Steam code.

However if it is not the way you purchased the game, could you please provide the straight link so I can take a closer look at it?

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2016, 01:50 PM by Yuhaney.)
03-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Website Find
RetroMetal Offline

My mistake, it was humblebundle.com where I purchased it from clicking on the link.

"Thank you for supporting Penumbra Collection! To access your purchase, just go to this download page:

https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please save this email so that you can access Penumbra Collection again whenever you'd like.

If you have any problems or questions, please visit our support page: https://support.humblebundle.com.

Sincerely,
Humble Bundle "
04-03-2016, 03:25 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Great! We got it solved.
Hope you enjoy the games!

04-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Website Find