Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow gameplay in Chancel
peckinpah1976 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Slow gameplay in Chancel

I must have played Amnesia through a dozen times over the last year but one thing that's always frustrated me is how slow it is in the last part where you return to the Chancel - is this my machine lagging or is it actually part of the game?

If it's the former, it's odd since no other part of the game is affected and if the latter, it's bloody annoying and makes the ending less enjoyable than it should be!

It is only in the main hub btw not any of the chambers.
10-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Slow gameplay in Chancel

You mean that huge room with the long bridges and the blue fires? Dunno, might be a combination of the long view distance (choir is just as big but has fog in it, so the engine might be culling stuff away there) and the many particle effects going on...
10-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

The game was running fine on my PC. Even in the Chancel.

There was be a noticeable slowdown there, but it was be quite small, to be honest.

Maybe your PC, but the engine can also be a part of it.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 07:02 PM by Robby.)
10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Website Find
peckinpah1976 Offline

Possibly my graphics card not being fully up to the job, then but only really showing itself here for the reasons Hirnmwirbel mentions above.
10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Is this the first time it happens in the entire game? If that's the case, it may just have been a memory leak (restarting your computer would solve that). It may also be that the electric field is too much for your computer to handle (not really sure it's that graphically or cpu-intensive though). Or, maybe you've been playing for a long time and your CPU/GPU is starting to overheat.
10-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Find
peckinpah1976 Offline

Yeah, it's the only part of the game I've ever had an issue with but it happens without exception every time I play.
10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Find