Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard crash + USB keyboard remap on Windows 7 64bit machine.
MTK82 Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Hard crash + USB keyboard remap on Windows 7 64bit machine.

I have registered on this website to hopefully and finally figure out the issue I am having with Amnesia Dark Descent (Steam version).

The issue I have and am loath to repeat dates back to the middle of last year however my hardware config has not changed since then and neither have I had any hardware failures, in addition to this once I got my computer working normally again using the Windows command prompt to delete and reinstall corrupted USB drivers I made a copy of the save games and logs the game generates, these files remain untouched in a folder on my desktop ever since.

Specifically the problem happens after the sewer area when your looking for components to restart the lift that takes you farther below, the game hard crashes causing a BSOD. Upon system restart I had discovered much to my dismay that the keyboard had been remapped, the solution was to dust out an old but still functional PS/2 keyboard --> log into windows --> delete the generic Microsoft Windows USB driver responsible for the keyboard. Doing this forces Windows to restore the corrupted driver from a backup which fixes the issue of the keyboard remap however the problem with the game remains.

In addition before the hard crash and if I recall correctly the game was complaining about missing textures and in addition to the Steam overlay (as mentioned as possible causes to interference with the game) I also have Avast and Origin present/always present.

My system specs are as follows:

Q9400 CPU at @ 2.66GHZ (stock speed).
8GB higher end DDR3 Ram.
Gigabyte Nvidia 660OC edition.
DVD RW drive as drive F: & a total of 2.5TB storage space.

I would really like to play and finish the game so any help from Frictional Games or the community is much appreciated, sending the ZIP file containing the logs and save games is also no problem, in addition I do take a long time (the earliest save dates back to 2014) with this game due to the amazing atmosphere immersing me in such an awesome environment where I have to look at everything in addition to the puzzles often stumping me plus I also work from home on a +50 hour weekly basis so I am taking my time and any help is once again much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
03-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Find