Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminals.
Hypercube Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Terminals.

(04-01-2016, 10:37 PM)Abion47 Wrote: From what I can tell by how lang files are used, in addition to linking to them in the resources.cfg file, you also have to link to it in your main config file. The other thing is that it seems like the config file only really has a slot for one lang file for your in-game text - the one listed by DefaultGameLanguage. By default, this is the english.lang file that is either in the config folder or a subfolder of the config folder. Since that file generally has stuff already in it, I'd recommend that you copy the one from SOMA's config folder and add your stuff to the bottom of it.

So are you saying I should copy SOMA's main lang file, use it for my mod's lang file, except put my stuff at the very bottom of it? Because I was trying to learn this stuff from another mod "Darkness" on the steam workshop and they have an english file that only has there stuff in it.
04-03-2016, 04:05 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

I was referring to the base_english lang file that just had stuff for the GUI buttons and such. But either way, it doesn't really matter. Just put whatever lang file you will be using inside your config folder and put the name of it in your config file under "DefaultGameLanguage".
04-03-2016, 04:45 AM
Find
Hypercube Offline

(04-03-2016, 04:45 AM)Abion47 Wrote: I was referring to the base_english lang file that just had stuff for the GUI buttons and such. But either way, it doesn't really matter. Just put whatever lang file you will be using inside your config folder and put the name of it in your config file under "DefaultGameLanguage".
So the file is called english.lang, and the that is already in the DefaultGameLanguage part of the config file. Should I change the name of the lang file? I mean, is it confusing the file for another file from the main SOMA folder itself? I don't really know exactly how it all works, so I'm not exactly sure if what's going on here.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2016, 07:44 PM by Hypercube.)
04-03-2016, 05:57 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

The config is just specifying what lang file is holding all the language definitions for the game, or in this case, the mod. Generally, when the config files specify a file that doesn't exist in the mod directory, it will look for a file with the same name in the root SOMA folder.

Have you gotten the ModLauncher to work yet? What Rom said is likely a cause (if you accidentally put the ".hps" file in the StartMap section rather than the ".hpm"), and the log he describes is a good way to help pinpoint exactly what's going wrong, particularly if the error message that pops up is really so otherwise empty of information.
04-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Find
Hypercube Offline

(04-04-2016, 07:19 AM)Abion47 Wrote: The config is just specifying what lang file is holding all the language definitions for the game, or in this case, the mod. Generally, when the config files specify a file that doesn't exist in the mod directory, it will look for a file with the same name in the root SOMA folder.

Have you gotten the ModLauncher to work yet? What Rom said is likely a cause (if you accidentally put the ".hps" file in the StartMap section rather than the ".hpm"), and the log he describes is a good way to help pinpoint exactly what's going wrong, particularly if the error message that pops up is really so otherwise empty of information.

Okay, everything is fine now, I couldn't see romulator's comment before for some reason, but yes I can load my map now. I even said it myself, hps is not hpm, and I accidentally put it there. That was the only reason I couldn't load the map, so honestly I wouldn't need to check the log itself. But the only problem is the lang file I have won't load. It's called english, and in DefaultGameLanguage i still have english.lang, but it still won't load. Maybe it did, but I don't know what I did wrong with the file exactly.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2016, 08:30 AM by Hypercube.)
04-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

It's awesome that I don't really receive emails from this forum anymore notifying me about replies...

Could you send me a PM with your mod files? It's getting to the point where it's difficult to say what could be wrong without being able to browse through it myself.
04-06-2016, 12:33 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Alright, I think I've found the problem. In your config file, your GameLanguageFolder is specified as "config/lang_main/", so the game is looking for that folder for your lang files, but that folder doesn't exist. Deleting the "lang_main/" part of that line made it work for me.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2016, 06:51 AM by Abion47.)
04-06-2016, 06:51 AM
Find
Hypercube Offline

(04-06-2016, 06:51 AM)Abion47 Wrote: Alright, I think I've found the problem. In your config file, your GameLanguageFolder is specified as "config/lang_main/", so the game is looking for that folder for your lang files, but that folder doesn't exist. Deleting the "lang_main/" part of that line made it work for me.
Thank you! Big Grin
04-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Find