Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help AMFP sounds effects for doors, etc
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
AMFP sounds effects for doors, etc

I have successfully imported AMFP objects into the level editor but the doors have no sounds in game, can anyone help me out with this?

04-04-2016, 01:39 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: AMFP sounds effects for doors, etc

Well, my first question would be "were you wanting to import AAMFP's door sounds as well?". If so, you'll need to go through AAMFP's files and locate the sounds for the door and copy them across so TDD's resources file can locate them.

If you just want TDD's door sounds, open up two Model Editor windows. In one, load the AAMFP door, and in the other, load a door from TDD. There is a User Defined Variables window or similar using one of the top options. Open up the variables on both objects, and copy over any sound text boxes from the TDD window to the AMFP one. Save the AMFP door, and that should fix them.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-04-2016, 02:31 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75

(04-04-2016, 02:31 AM)Romulator Wrote: Well, my first question would be "were you wanting to import AAMFP's door sounds as well?". If so, you'll need to go through AAMFP's files and locate the sounds for the door and copy them across so TDD's resources file can locate them.

If you just want TDD's door sounds, open up two Model Editor windows. In one, load the AAMFP door, and in the other, load a door from TDD. There is a User Defined Variables window or similar using one of the top options. Open up the variables on both objects, and copy over any sound text boxes from the TDD window to the AMFP one. Save the AMFP door, and that should fix them.

Ok thanks a lot. I will see if I can find the door sounds, I had a quick look but didnt see them.

Something else im wondering, if I make a custom story with AMFP assets can the assets be located in a folder within the custom story folder or will users need to add them to their base Amnesia folders too?

04-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(04-04-2016, 11:56 AM)serbusfish Wrote: Something else im wondering, if I make a custom story with AMFP assets can the assets be located in a folder within the custom story folder or will users need to add them to their base Amnesia folders too?

They just need to be located in the custom_stories folder somewhere, preferably in an entities folder or similar.

Amnesia is pretty good at locating assets, just as long as they are included!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Find