Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Custom assets to be released for modders
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11
Custom assets to be released for modders

I'm just creating some new asssets to release for everyone that want to use them, I'm mainly doing models for now, but soon also textures, here a first screen of some new crates:

[Image: moarcrates.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The two big ones can only be pushed with WASD keys, the small one can be thrown too, but nothing stop you from changing the entities properties.

New books:

[Image: moarbooks.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Soon I will release some of that stuff, if you have suggestion or request on some models, please ask.

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
09-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Find
Sajber Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Custom assets to be released for modders

Good good! Smile Carry on Smile

The Unofficial Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Frictional Games IRC Channel.
#amnesiareleaseparty @ irc.gamesurge.net
09-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

I think this would be greatly appreciated by the community. Smile

Do you, out of curiosity, plan on making NPC character models or ragdolls?

09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Find
Placeable Offline

Threads: 2

Really, really looks like the crates from Neverwinter Nights 1. First connection I did, since I fooled around A LOT with the NWN toolset. Still looks good though, keep it up.
09-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

Excellent can't wait to see whats next.
I would like more clutter, readable books, better hidden objects and surprise traps and secret doors.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Find
Neurological Offline

@ Sajber: Sadly I'm not so skilled to do NPCs or anything related to humans/monsters, I'm still learning that stuff.

Btw I'm working on some more decorative stuff, like new fornitures and ornaments.

09-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Find
Neurological Offline

UPDATED first post with new models.

09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I need to do modeling. I'm a pretty good artist (though I've stopped drawing so I don't have anything to show) but never got into modeling. Is there a measuring tool to make things to scale in modeling programs?

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Website Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

My custom model is very big in the model editor even if edit the collada meter value, what scale are you using for your models?

By the way you need to work in stuff that don't exist right now making more books is not really necessary theres already enough, what you could do is more modern stuff, so we could make a custom story that happens in our times, i would suggest tools and furniture used in mental institutes and or hospitals, also make some tribal stuff like shrink heads, spears and axes, animal skins to be used in some Indian inspired level, etc.

(09-17-2010, 11:03 PM)Lee Wrote: I need to do modeling. I'm a pretty good artist (though I've stopped drawing so I don't have anything to show) but never got into modeling. Is there a measuring tool to make things to scale in modeling programs?

Yes all modeling programs work with some kind of real world scale, for example the tools that i use like wings3D use the WU (wings unity) and you can give it the scale that you want a 1 wu can be 1 mm, 1cm, 1 meter or 1 km your choice, Modo 401 use meters and has a rule tool so you can measure precisely your models.
09-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Find
Neurological Offline

My first intention was to make more of the same to add variety, but surely I will do something different from the Amnesia style, infact I'm doing some sci-fi stuff for my story.

09-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Find