Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mods?
Mr Duck Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Mods?

I've been looking around watching previews and reading reviews about this game and some people have been saying that this game is mod supportable, i was just wondering wouldn't this be a bad idea because little kids will be playing this game and running around with ak47's and rpg's fighting off the servants. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT-- Sorry if i put this in the wrong section its just it says help so... yeah.
09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Find
Harry Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Mods?

(09-15-2010, 02:50 PM)Mr Duck Wrote: I've been looking around watching previews and reading reviews about this game and some people have been saying that this game is mod supportable, i was just wondering wouldn't this be a bad idea because little kids will be playing this game and running around with ak47's and rpg's fighting off the servants. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT-- Sorry if i put this in the wrong section its just it says help so... yeah.

It is moddable to a certain extent but I'm pretty sure coding for projectile weapons aren't in the game and therefore it would be difficult to implement in-game.

Mods are mods though. They're entirely optional so theres nothing really 'wrong' with people making a mod for their own or others different play styles. It would be more of an issue if it was a part of the vanilla game itself.

As for little kids running around with guns, I'd hazard to say little kids playing Amnesia would be a slightly bigger issue than a gun mod Wink
09-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Find
kastanok Offline

Threads: 0

(09-15-2010, 02:58 PM)Harry Wrote: As for little kids running around with guns, I'd hazard to say little kids playing Amnesia would be a slightly bigger issue than a gun mod Wink

Eh, let them. As a baby I was put to sleep by Spanish Train (a Chris de Burg ballad about the Devil and God playing poker for hundreds of thousands of souls) and it didn't mess me up at all. Wink

Little kids playing Amnesia could lead to a whole new generation of weird horror lovers. Lovecraft will never have been so popular! Bwahahahaha!

09-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Website Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

When I was a boy my father was a caretaker to an old place that used to be a monastery around the 8th century, and over the centuries since was a almshouse, a school and a prison, it was entirely walled off on several acres and only had one big gate that was closed at 9pm after which time even the people who lived there couldn't get in.
The place was complete with dozens of rooms stacked full of old personal belongings, full bookcases and furniture stored in them for centuries and left locked and abandoned, chapels, cloisters, ghosts and graveyards, including one that not only held hundreds of bodies from The Great Plague, but had a very loud owl that hooted all the time especially on foggy nights.

When I lived there as a boy I used to climb up walls and into windows that no-one had even been in for the last fifty years and crawl into sunken holes that led to old passage ways, sewers, rooms behind heavy wooden doors with rotting sacks, barrels and old chests, burial chambers with those kind of heavy lids you can push aside and see the skeletons and even dungeons using candles or a flashlight, as well as being alone, plus I couldn't tell anyone of my adventures because no parent would allow it.
- that was my playground for 3 or 4 years from about 9 years old until I was about 13. In fact take out the gore and ghoulies from Amnesia and you've got what I played in for real.
And guess what I'm not an axe murderer or vampire blood drinker nor an inmate - I grew up to be just an ordinary working guy and raise a normal family and am now retired and loving it. At last I have no responsibilities and can play all day and night reliving my childhood.

I feel safe in the dark. After I finished this game I had over 50 tinderboxes and 10 things of oil.
In fact before the end I stopped picking them up. I only twice had to use the health tonic, once because I fell off the bridge in the cistern.
My method of play is creep, peek and hide a lot.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Find