Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subtler teeth sounds
Dogface Offline

Threads: 2
Subtler teeth sounds

Hi, guys. I love the game, but I'm kind of squeamish about the loud, crunchy teeth-grinding sounds. Therefore I made a little tiny-mod that makes those sounds deeper, more muffled, quieter, and basically subtler. It's enough to stop me freaking out, at least.

The file is attached to this post. Extract it into your base Amnesia folder. If you installed it using steam, that'll be:

..\[steam folder]\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\

If it works then the files should be going into the folder sounds\ui\. Once you start the game, you should hear the sounds if and when you start to go insane. Let me know if y'all have any problems getting it to work, or if you think the sounds should be different.

Attached Files
.zip   Amnesia - subtler teeth sounds.zip (Size: 203.78 KB / Downloads: 151)
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Subtler teeth sounds

IM pretty sure we found out its not teeth, its the sound of maggots or something eatting into youre head. Thats what it sounds like and its pretty cool Smile
09-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Find
Dogface Offline

Threads: 2

(09-15-2010, 07:09 PM)RMJ Wrote: IM pretty sure we found out its not teeth, its the sound of maggots or something eatting into youre head. Thats what it sounds like and its pretty cool Smile

I hope that wasn't a spoiler! In any case, I found the sound was freaking me out too much to carry on playing, so if anyone else was having the same problem, hopefully this'll help.
09-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

No spoiler. i just cant picture it being anything but, i mean it sure doesnt sound like any teeth grinding ive ever heard. it shouldn be a spoiler. Because nobody really knows what the sound is supposed to me Tongue
09-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Find
Zanderat Offline

Threads: 3

Thanks. Cool
09-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Find