Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Monsters origin?
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Monsters origin?

Bringing more questioning to this thread! The sheriff... Was killing Alexanders trusty servants? According to Daniel, there is no way to fight them. Was the sheriff killing off servants in human form?

Also about the hallucination part, only some of the monsters are halllucinated. In the level editor you can create monsters called ''hallucinations'' also known as poofers. They are the ones which vanish, but the monsters are there and they are nothing but monsters, they used to be human but no more.
And why is Daniel having hallucinations of the grunts? Simply saying he's a nutter doesn't quite cut it for me. The game clearlytelling me my sanity is tip top is proof enough for me to know I'm not crazy.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 09:09 PM by Traggey.)
02-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(02-11-2012, 09:07 PM)Traggey Wrote: Bringing more questioning to this thread! The sheriff... Was killing Alexanders trusty servants? According to Daniel, there is no way to fight them. Was the sheriff killing off servants in human form?

Also about the hallucination part, only some of the monsters are halllucinated. In the level editor you can create monsters called ''hallucinations'' also known as poofers. They are the ones which vanish, but the monsters are there and they are nothing but monsters, they used to be human but no more.
And why is Daniel having hallucinations of the grunts? Simply saying he's a nutter doesn't quite cut it for me. The game clearlytelling me my sanity is tip top is proof enough for me to know I'm not crazy.
The Sheriff?

The hell are you talking about

02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

MY bag I guess, I can't remember exactly who it was right now. But one of the notes does mention someone has been killing off Alexanders servants outside of the castle.
02-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Find

I don't recall any note saying any such thing
02-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Same here. Care to elaborate?
Note that we are talking about the original, genuine game and the setting. Not about fanfics.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 01:26 AM by Kein.)
02-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Find
Openshaw Offline

Threads: 1

It is in the note "Regarding Closing of the Wine Cellar" (i think you find it in the Archives). It was already posted two pages back:

Quote:Regarding Closing of the Wine Cellar
Wilhelm and his fools have endangered my research long enough with their absentminded handling of the human vessels. The sheriff is keeping a watchful eye on the forest and is killing my trusty servants. It's just a matter of time until they follow the trail to Brennenburg. I need to lock Wilhelm and his men up to avoid further investigation from the public. The wine cellar will therefore be sealed off until the matter has been handled. Either the king's men leave or they will starve. Whatever comes first - they can rot for all I care.

Maybe I will feed them some wine, it would in a sense solve both of my problems.

I believe the 'monster's can be killed naturally with any lethal force you would/could apply to any human. Think about the dead grunt and the torso piece you find when you exit Daniel's room.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM by Openshaw.)
02-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Aye! Very true that. Well then how come Daniel claims he's tried everything and there is no way to fight back? Is he simply refering to the shadow and not the servants?
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM by Traggey.)
02-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Find

Interesting, I remember the note now
02-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Website Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

This discussion is rather silly as it seems that many has lacking knowledge of the Amnesia The Dark Descent and still take part to it.

"Remember - Short Story Collection.pdf" explains a lot.

It explains that Gatherers kidnap animals and sometimes even humans. Referred as monsters. Amusingly Daniel managed to miss that even though he rented INN room before continuing to the castle. Also they are very resistant against bullets and even when being set on fire. definitely not an imaginary monsters in the Amnesia universe.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2012, 06:11 PM by Clord.)
02-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Find
Openshaw Offline

Threads: 1

I always thought the monsters where created trough a chemical mixture which Alexander put into the Wine. Though the first monsters where created before the Event/Flashback with Wilhelm in the Wine cellar i still think that in the end it was the Wine. (Wilhelm even says his Chest is going to burst). It would have been an easy solution for Alexander anyways to deal with the situation this way - make everyone his servants.

That "amusing" Fact that Daniel did miss the kidnappings is not surprising to me - i mean he was a very short time in Altstadt and the Inn.
02-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Find