Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Monsters origin?
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: Monsters origin?

The new monster in Justine came from

Spoiler below!
someone Justin tortured. She asked him how beautiful she was, He said she was blinding, and she cut his eyes out. He later transformed (Somehow) into a monster, and attacked Justine. He put her in the cell at the beginning, and you have to play the story to know what happens)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

(04-16-2011, 07:27 PM)Kein Wrote: As I said:
Quote:It's just one of the memories (random words that you can hear while playing the game), he never said that directly.

Can be heard in Cistern, while solving the puzzle or later, near to Agrippa's room.

Thanks, I'm on itBig Grin
04-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Find
Ge15t Offline

Threads: 8

I cant find the frictional page, but its on the concept of the monsters in the pre production phase. They said that the 'monsters' are just people that have been taken over by 'something' from another world (same as kaernak maybe?). In the wine cellar part, maybe this is what you can hear in the flashbacks from the people locked in there. Quote: "it feels like my chest is being ripped apart!".

*SPOILER* and since alexander has come from another world (which, is safe to assume is the same as where the monsters have come from) we can assume this is why he can control them
04-17-2011, 02:15 AM
Find
Sistergoat Offline

Threads: 0

(04-17-2011, 02:15 AM)Ge15t Wrote: I cant find the frictional page, but its on the concept of the monsters in the pre production phase. They said that the 'monsters' are just people that have been taken over by 'something' from another world (same as kaernak maybe?). In the wine cellar part, maybe this is what you can hear in the flashbacks from the people locked in there. Quote: "it feels like my chest is being ripped apart!".

*SPOILER* and since alexander has come from another world (which, is safe to assume is the same as where the monsters have come from) we can assume this is why he can control them

The monsters that are summoned to take over the human vessels actually warp the body, so their bones become twisted and broken as the monsters shape it to something more familiar to them, which why grunts need all those bandages to keep them together. I'm sure Alexander added metal parts to the brutes to strengthen them.

Wilheim said his men were dying as their bones were twisting. The guy's chest being ripped apart is probably all his ribs being moved around.I'm assuming Alexander put a summoning potion in the wine and needed to get rid of it.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011, 09:42 AM by Sistergoat.)
04-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Find
Scarred Pajamas Offline

Threads: 1

I think your onto something. Though Alexander DOES mention the monsters, and sometimes refers to them as 'servants.' This could mean, in theory, that daniel is only seeing monsters, but are really servants. I'm not quite sure if Daniel or Alexander refers to them by this. One of the early texts is about how the servants skulk about. I think, due to Alexander already being under / with power of the shadow, Its very.. Well, possible that he can somehow manipulate Daniels world or these things do EXIST! I believe that Daniel dies whenever he is attacked enough times, however, its just as possible that he dreanmt his death.

Alexander controls these monsters as if their servants, counting how often it refers to some sort of chemical test where the skin boils, flails and overall falls apart, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that the monsters are actually the people in the wine center which Alexander kills. More to the point, the Brute could be the man who wrote the last letter in that room.

Its all speculation, but thats what I think.
11-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I guess the monsters could be real human servants Alexander orders, and the monsters are carrying knives, swords, and such, to kill Daniel, but Daniel sees them as monsters because the orb leaked the madness on him.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
12-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(04-17-2011, 02:15 AM)Ge15t Wrote: I cant find the frictional page, but its on the concept of the monsters in the pre production phase. They said that the 'monsters' are just people that have been taken over by 'something' from another world (same as kaernak maybe?). In the wine cellar part, maybe this is what you can hear in the flashbacks from the people locked in there. Quote: "it feels like my chest is being ripped apart!".

I already posted om previous page some quotes from PDFs. Grunts and Brutes are Alexander's creations, while Kaernk was brought from Another World by the Wayne (or what his name is).

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
12-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Am I the only one who thinks that the Grunts were servants and the Brutes soldiers?

I got the idea after reding this note:

Spoiler below!

Regarding Closing of the Wine Cellar

Wilhelm and his fools have endangered my research long enough with their absentminded handling of the human vessels. The sheriff is keeping a watchful eye on the forest and is killing my trusty servants. It's just a matter of time until they follow the trail to Brennenburg. I need to lock Wilhelm and his men up to avoid further investigation from the public. The wine cellar will therefore be sealed off until the matter has been handled. Either the king's men leave or they will starve. Whatever comes first - they can rot for all I care.

Maybe I will feed them some wine, it would in a sense solve both of my problems.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
01-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(01-27-2012, 07:51 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks that the Grunts were servants and the Brutes soldiers?

I got the idea after reding this note:
Erm...maybe because they are

The devs have already explained this, Alexander spiked the wine with a potion that summons entities from another world, presumably his, that try to twist and reform the human body they've possessed into something more to their suiting, thus why mr. face has robes to keep himself from falling apart, and mr. tall has nails and metal plates to help himself from falling apart, then he fed the wine to his mercenaries who had kidnapped people for him.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2012, 08:12 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
01-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

I've heard rumors that the grunt was born when the guy dranked wine in the cellar.It was some sort of demon potion.

02-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Find