Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objects going through other objects
Lateralus Offline

Threads: 2
Objects going through other objects

I am completely new to scripting and all, but playing with this level editor has sparked some interest in it. I'm getting used to the program fairly quickly but I am having one problem. Sometimes objects are noclipping through other items, for example a note placed on a table has parts of the table showing through the note. And a dynamic painting placed over a secret wall will have areas of the wall showing through. Any help is appreciated, and thanks FG for an amazing game!

One more thing, what walls should I be using when I place stairs? Tilting default walls do not match up with the normally placed walls.
09-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

RE: Objects going through other objects

I noticed that too, but my solution is turning "Grid snapping" (the magnet in the bottom bar) off and moving the entity (here: the note) a bit away.

09-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Find
Lateralus Offline

that worked, thanks
09-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Find
Armored Cow Offline

Threads: 3

I'm curious as well about walls for stairs.
09-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Find
Armored Cow Offline

Threads: 3

Sorry for double post but I'm sure some people would like to know this.

If you want to know how to make stairs/walls beside stairs, just open 02_entrance_hall.map and look at the staircases leading to the Lab and Cellar. Basically you stack wall extensions and optionally leave the handrails for the stairs outside of the walls.
09-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Find
Lateralus Offline

(09-17-2010, 02:09 AM)Armored Cow Wrote: Sorry for double post but I'm sure some people would like to know this.

If you want to know how to make stairs/walls beside stairs, just open 02_entrance_hall.map and look at the staircases leading to the Lab and Cellar. Basically you stack wall extensions and optionally leave the handrails for the stairs outside of the walls.

Ahh, thanks man I got it all figured out now.
09-17-2010, 03:01 AM
Find