Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug in Storage Area
Hannibal Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Bug in Storage Area

I've completed the game, but I almost stopped playing due to a bug that caused me to get stuck and forced me to restart from an old save. You may want to know about this so you can improve the game. Smile

In the storage area, near where you mix-up an explosive cocktail and you open a door and come face-to-face with a zombie... I ran in a circle around the counter to escape from the zombie and then went back into the room he came from, shutting the door behind me. Well, the zombie couldn't open the door, and he couldn't break down the door. But he also wouldn't leave. 10 minutes later I'm crounching in a shadow and he's still there, hitting the door. I couldn't physically open it with him there, I couldn't find a way to commit suicide, and low sanity just resulted in me falling down. I tried leaving and re-entering the game to no avail. I was totally stuck. After trying for 20 minutes, I gave up for the night. The next day I restarted from an old save 50 minutes before the frustrating encounter. After that I saved every 10-15 minutes even though the game encourages not worrying about saves.
09-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Bug in Storage Area

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4812.html

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Find
Hannibal Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Bug in Storage Area

(09-29-2010, 11:29 AM)Kein Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4812.html

Thanks, that's similar, but my case may be easier to solve since the grunt spent 10-15 minutes actively trying to break down the door. If the door were breakable, as many others are, this couldn't have happened.

"Getting stuck" can discourage people from continuing and may generate negative reviews.

Hopefully the developers are looking into all these cases. Smile
10-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Find