Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Desynced" - SOMA Music Video
oversoul53 Offline

Threads: 3
Video  "Desynced" - SOMA Music Video

Hey guys, new to forum. Huge huge HUGE fan of SOMA. My all time favorite horror game.

With the help of a friend I made a music video. He watched my Let's Play of it (found here, if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...6NRdGKEFZ_) and loved it so much he was inspired to make an instrumental track called "Desynced", which, I feel embraces the robotic tone of SOMA while at the same time emphasizing the beauty of the ocean. Also, the beat perfectly matches the screen pulsating when enemies are near.

So I played the game a second time, recorded all the footage (with the PS4 capture feature) and edited it into this fan-made music video

If you're interested... please enjoy Smile

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/7CMWp8aTTWU[/video]

SOMA will always have a special place in my heart because it was my first REAL Let's Play, and run-and-hide horror games are my fave, but SOMA's psychological horror just left a HUGE impression on my soul. I lie awake at night sometimes and just think about the "what ifs" that game portrays. A fate worse than death... *shudder*

The only other horror game I was this head over heels for was Outlast, but for different reasons.
04-22-2016, 06:12 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: "Desynced" - SOMA Music Video

The track goes in a way different direction than the intro led me to expect. I can definitely hear the reminiscence in the sound palette he's gone with (which is expertly cohesive, all fits together so nicely). I think a nice SOMA-ish touch that would have driven the mood home would be to drop some deep, wide swelling ambient pads/synth strings under the beat for a more "oceanic" image.

The rhythmic developments are catchy as hell and the way the song patiently drops them in one by one is a very satisfying development. The mono lead that comes in around 4:00 in the video is my absolute favorite part. Could do with some more riffing/unique melodic phrasing overall probably but that's not a huge lack.

Seemed like an odd pair with the game's visuals at first but when the thing really gets going it begins lending a really cool emotional backdrop to what's going on, has a more adventurous and hopeful mood, makes for a fun watch actually. (It's also a nice little detail that you edited the pipe-surfing sequence to sync with the song section where it goes all filtered)

Overall I like what you've both done - Hope to hear more coming from Hurdles, did follow him on SC

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2016, 08:09 AM by Kurton.)
04-22-2016, 07:52 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: "Desynced" - SOMA Music Video

great stuff
04-22-2016, 08:17 AM
Find