Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera Redo
Charles445 Offline

Threads: 3
Camera Redo

Right now the camera is aggravating as hell to use.
Holding alt and mouse3 is a pain, not to mention annoying when your cursor shoots off into the stratosphere.
It takes ages to get anything done. Focus only helps so much.

What would really make this editor extremely easy to use is the kind of 3d navigation used in the Hammer editor for source.

You highlight the camera view, use WASD to go forward, left, right, back, and the arrow keys to change your orientation in the view.

It would be so much easier than the current system - the camera is what's holding me back right now.
09-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Find
Liag Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Camera Redo

I grew accustomed to navigation using only the perspective view rather quickly, took a few hours or so but now it feels pretty natural.

But yeah, it would be great if they at least added a freelook mode. Meanwhile you can at least use the MapView for that.
09-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Find
Armored Cow Offline

Charles, I felt your pain until I realized that when you use the middle mouse, you are dragging the section your mouse is pointed at. So if you seem to go flying far away, this is most likely because you are grabbing onto a wall or something. As long as you move while the mouse is on a floor you should be able to move slowly and easily.
09-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Find
Charles445 Offline

A freelook in the editor would be a lifesaver. Tap a button and instantly have mouselook navigation, tap it and turn it off - it'd be perfect.
09-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

You can always switch to the alternative tracking method, toggling the small "LT" button in the lower toolbar. There are plans to add a freelook, but cannot say when at this point.

EOF
09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Find
Charles445 Offline

(09-18-2010, 09:41 AM)Luis Wrote: You can always switch to the alternative tracking method, toggling the small "LT" button in the lower toolbar. There are plans to add a freelook, but cannot say when at this point.

Thanks Luis.
09-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-18-2010, 09:41 AM)Luis Wrote: You can always switch to the alternative tracking method, toggling the small "LT" button in the lower toolbar. There are plans to add a freelook, but cannot say when at this point.

How about improved entity placement/rotation?

I haven't found a way to rotate multiple objects at once yet. They all rotate in-place.

And if you've moved an entity so it's not where it would be if it snapped to a grid, then it'll snap when you move it, which causes great problems when moving multiple objects.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Find
Steenis1 Offline

Threads: 0

You just mark the objects you want to rotate and press B to make them into a group and they will act as if they were one, If that's what you ment anyway (kind of tired here) Tongue
09-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Find