Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube walkthru's
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8
YouTube walkthru's

Once you have finished the game go to Youtube and look at all the walkthroughs - they have some really funny moments.
There's a ton of them up there. I just watched one that said it has commentary.
All the comments I heard was "'Oh Fuck!"Oh oh shit, aaarh and eeeee o god, as he picked up an inkwell "that thing is gonna get ink thrown at him".

In every Youtube vid you can see the players are really and truly scared.
It's comical to watch.

One vid one boy is playing while another watches. The in game camera recording suddenly quits and we see the computer cam's view with the guys faces staring at the game screen. Suddenly they both scream out in genuine fear, their faces distorted and their jaws really do drop, mouth agape, as they whimper and try to deal with it.
I have yet to ever see such realism from a movie actor. These kids (young teens) were really terrified.
Not only that but the view of their room showed a bright daytime window to the right of them. How can anyone see this in daylight?

Another has to stop and when he starts again he has his girl friend with him. Sound off, she can't hear and him with earjacks. While exploring the storage area they opened that door and both almost went into a coma with fear. They were both scared stiff throughout the video.

The vids are getting hundreds and some of them thousands of views. I'm sure you'll sell lots more as this spreads.
Jens and friends you must be really gratified. The fear you wanted gamers to experience is as real as can be.
Congratulations!

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

RE: YouTube walkthru's

Watch this it's the funniest walkthru I've seen yet.
He's got the video's brightness way up so you finally get a chance to see what the level looks like with the lights on full but he's playing it in regular darkness and just freaking out.

Watch it to the endBig Grin it's really that funny.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Just right on the same page there is a thread fro that....
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3965.html

P.S. Where in the hell mods on this forum? :<

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Watch this one, he gets so scared that he spends the next 10 minutes of the video in the menu. Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MDh_PDe-mc#t=3m40s
09-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Find
Jinix Offline

I have watched a number of them now - I prefer the ones with first timers that have a microphone.
This is a fabulous way to see how the game effects people. I hope the devs are using these vids as a learning tool for the next game.
I noticed a couple of things from these videos.
Mostly its the haste.
Everyone seems to try to rush thru the game and they don't bother to read the notes and clues. so when they are stuck they stop the game and go to the net to find the answer. Then when they start the video again they go right to the puzzle and solve it without looking around.

maybe next game should have two modes:
1 - Win without Working at it, god mode, no puzzles, no story.
2 - Good old fashioned RPG, puzzles, trips and traps, good depth story.
(09-19-2010, 05:56 AM)nofsky Wrote: Watch this one, he gets so scared that he spends the next 10 minutes of the video in the menu. Big Grin

Oh Yeah! It's the best scared guy yet. poor bugger really is scared to death. He says hes got chills and needs a hug and doesn't want to continue ....

Needs a prize!!!
Jens if you see this please give us comment or two.
Watch the whole thing!

Hope this doesn't get out of hand
Maybe you are terrifying people tooo much.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2010, 11:16 AM by Jinix.)
09-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Find
mansarde Offline

Threads: 3

(09-19-2010, 05:56 AM)nofsky Wrote: Watch this one, he gets so scared that he spends the next 10 minutes of the video in the menu. Big Grin

Wow, fell out of my chair laughing! That's really a good one.
It's like this guy's never ever seen a good horror movie in his life.
I admit the game is scary, but jesus, this guy is nearly in cardiac arrest and seems to loose more sanity than Daniel! Big Grin
09-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Find