Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No middle mouse button...
Alienchild Offline

Threads: 8
No middle mouse button...

I am reading the documentation on the level editor, and as far as I understand I need to press the middle mouse button (and the view key) in order to move the camera center/pivot. Right now I keep circling the same area. My Logitech POS mouse has a weird scroll wheel that doesn't act like the middle mouse button. What to do...? And why can't I use WASD/arrows to move the camera around?
09-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2
RE: No middle mouse button...

Well, the editor isn't designed to be able to use WASD keys to move around.
The only solution besides getting another mouse is clicking on an object and pressing the F button at the bottom of the screen, but that's really awful to work with.

09-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Find
onewolf Offline

Threads: 2

Use AutoHotKey to remap the keys to whatever you want. Will take you like 30 seconds.
09-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Find
Alienchild Offline

May I suggest a "bug"-fix for the engine ASAP that includes customization for the keys? At the very least just for the view key.
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Find
Alienchild Offline

I just took a walk through our offices and out of over 20 computers only 3 had a mouse that has a button that works as a middle mouse button (scrollwheel). Could you please fix this infuriating and idiotic design error so that I can actually start using your tools properly. Thank you.
09-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Find