Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average
Haunted (L'antre de la peur)
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Haunted (L'antre de la peur)

Any chance you can pack you map into a zip for Mac users?

Wow - what a mansion!
09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(09-21-2010, 10:05 AM)Alroc Wrote: Test My Map almost done : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XLICAH62

can you upload this map on other site PLEASE?
(sendspace.com, rapidshare.com, 4shared.com, etc)

when i downloading THIS file, my speed is about 5-6kb/sec, on 10-15% connection broken! i tried 5 times, damn...
btw other file from Megaupload loading fine, 100-200kb/sec.
seems something wrong with the file..

thanks.
09-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Find
locker Offline

Threads: 1

I like it. Getting out of the prison at first was a bit of a challenge, but after several tries I managed to hit the wooden pillar in such a way that the crowbar falls near the cell. With a little dragging with bones and bricks, the tool was in my reach area.
The first version of the map was a bit misleading, when you enter the second cell with the body, get the stuff from the table and start wondering if it's possible to cut the corps head with the tools and get the key out of his skull Smile
09-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Any chance of a zipped version for Mac useres?

Cheers.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Find
locker Offline

(09-28-2010, 10:51 PM)Bulbatron Wrote: Any chance of a zipped version for Mac useres?

Cheers.

I can see you begging the same thing over several threads. There are many applications for Mac that could open .rar files.
For example these :
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Compression...nder.shtml
http://www.unrarx.com/
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17741/rar-expander
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
09-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Thank you locker, that seems to have done the trick.

Oh, and great level! Lots of nice effects. Bravo!

Wow - what a mansion!
09-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Find
dbfuru Offline

Here are my thoughts on this story, if you haven't finished the story yet and wish to, you should probably skip reading this until you have played it through.

-POSSIBLY SPOILY REVIEW- (Does this forum have spoiler tags?)

Spoiler below!
I just played through the story, and overall I really enjoyed it. The cell puzzle was a bit difficult to figure out, and as a previous poster mentioned I was distracted by the table with items on it, I figured I could move it closer and grab the items and they were needed.

Well I grabbed the items but they weren't useful! I eventually got out, though.

Overall the atmosphere was very creepy and scary, personally I didn't find the jump scares to be too effective, but the monster encounters were quite good. Saying that, the dropping helmet, and the falling vase, and doors throwing themselves open add to the atmosphere though, even if it didn't startle me much.

I did also notice flickering textures which I assume is from overlapping pieces, which is ignorable to some degree, in any case I'm sure you will stop that from happening with practice and tweaking.

This definitely gave me a glance into what future custom stories may be like, the toolset definably seems that it can be used to produce quality stories with the same great atmosphere as the packaged game.. Now to wait for H.P Lovecraft's Mountains of Madness to be created with the toolset!

Good work Smile
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

(09-29-2010, 10:29 AM)dbfuru Wrote: -POSSIBLY SPOILY REVIEW- (Does this forum have spoiler tags?)
Well, you could always try to write [spoiler]text[/spoiler].

@Thread:
The story was great.
I enjoyed it pretty much.
My only complaint is that
Spoiler below!
the crowbar puzzle at the start of the story.
The chances of it falling to far away from the player is simply too big.
The idea is however great.
09-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Website Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

so,
Spoiler below!
when i opened door through a rusty key, where is the end of map, or it"S unfinished map??
09-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Find
dvow Offline

All of the bugs in this map, many rendering it unplayable sometimes, made playing this map so annoying I quit.

I had to reload multiple times just to escape the cell. First the crowbar fell down for some reason at the start, way too far away to grab; and then three times in a row, the pillar didn't fall right, and everything got stuck.

When I finally did get out, I got stuck at this one spot because something smashed, and the key went flying into the ether (Outside of the actual map), and was now completely impossible to get. I had to restart, and then encountered the same bugs in the starting cell again and again. At this point I just gave up. I'm not sure how people made it through this map without something bugging up.

The scares were mostly jump scares, and didn't scare me either. Maybe it gets better later. *shrugs*

Please do something about the starting cell.
10-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Find