Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Turning Help
mysteryman141 Offline

Threads: 9
AI Turning Help

Every time my AI tries to turn around or at corners it seems to make a broad sweep across and will frequently get stuck on the edges of doors. Is there any way to prevent this? Is their also a special technique when placing path nodes? Any help would be appreciated!would be appreciated! I'm using the Akers monster.
04-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: AI Turning Help

First of all make sure you map is running using freshly generated cache files, especially the one for pathfinding. Without it the AI will navigate dumbly only thinking 1 node ahead. I believe the profile setting "ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving" is the way to configure this.

Think from the perspective of the AI, it does not see the map, it's entire world is made of pathnodes, so if the closest pathnode is on the other side of a wall it may try to walk through it, and likewise it will need some pathnodes to guide it around corners and other complicated spaces.

I only did this with the infected construct, but in the AI script file there should be the option to set at what distance collision detection will kick in and make the AI avoid bumping into things. As well you may want to consider making a custom ent for the monster, and making it's collision cylinder smaller if you have it going through tight spaces.
Doing this made the infected robot navigate tight spaces a lot better for me in FUGA.
04-29-2016, 11:59 PM
Find
mysteryman141 Offline

Threads: 9
RE: AI Turning Help

I increased the amount of path nodes significantly and that seemed to help a lot, thanks for the tips!
04-30-2016, 12:47 AM
Find