Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eyefinity / Surround support
discy123 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Eyefinity / Surround support

Hi there,

I run Amnesia in Eyefinity mode (3x 1920x1080) and I get this hugely stretched image on my left and right screen (*attachment), the middle one is fine.

I tried to fiddle with the FOV setting in config\game.cfg but I couldn't solve it.

Is there any way to get a descent image without the huge stretching?
I would really like to play amnesia in eyefinity mode Smile.

Thanks,
Vincent

Attached Files
.jpg   stretch.jpg (Size: 347.61 KB / Downloads: 183)
09-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Eyefinity / Surround support

Throwing in 2cents here:
Set the game to a lower resolution say 1024, and see if it makes a difference.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Find
discy123 Offline

no go. I tried 3x 800x600 but still the outer screens are stretched just like before.

So still no solution..
09-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

Quote:...
no go. I tried 3x 800x600 but still the outer screens are stretched just like before.
So still no solution..

Here, I found a place to get you going.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=467618

I never followed the thread for long but others share your problem with different games. So you may find an answer.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Find
discy123 Offline

Well, the tool they talk about (widescreenfixer) does work for some games, but they have no support for Amnesia.

So back again..
09-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

Ask the fellow at widescreenfixer if he has any further suggestions
Here's an email address from the website.
d.rudie@gmail.com

You are fortunate to have 3 screens. my 1920 just stopped working and I'm back to a tiny boxy 22" 1250 screen and it's like really hard to step backwards after my wide 28" 1920.
After playing games with a three screener I can imagine why you would want to play all games like that.
It appears that some games just don't so maybe it's something Thomas may know about.
He'll probably reply when he sees this post, if not PM him.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Have any example of how it should look? Because the horisontal FOV gets really large with such larger width:height ratio, so you get this kinda fish-eye lens.
09-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Find
discy123 Offline

Hey Thomas,

I would say it should look more like this: http://www.vincenttermaat.nl/mafia-eyefinity.jpg

The problem I'm having with Amnesia is that apart from the big stretching it also zooms in very much. So something that's quite far away on my left/right side looks like it's right next to me. As you can see in the picture of my first post, the red-slushy thing which starts on the right of the middle-screen is quite far away, but on the right-screen it looks like it's right next to me. If i turn my head to the right it's much further away again Undecided.

Because of this constant "zooming", if I walk around the maps, my left en right screen are constantly speeding accross the walls, people and stuff that are very far away, like they are much closer.

I posted a fraps-recording on YouTube, hopefully that will explain to you what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAGzPFh-YWE

For comparison, if you look at my Crysis eyefinity video, you will see that there is much less tunnelview and distortion on de left and right side of the screen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPyL6xtZQDA#t=0m40s
09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Find
discy123 Offline

I sent my problem to Davis (creator of widescreenfixer.org) and he replied:

That seems like a wrong FOV or aspect-ratio. The distortion on the sides is actually normal with game engines. When rendered with one frustum, they can only display so much before you see a curvature. Games that render with multiple frustums do not have this issue. However, there are only a dozen or so games that actually support that. I would recommend trying to find a suitable FOV or aspect-ratio that minimizes the distortion. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/for...php?t=8418

I already tried fiddeling with the FOV, but no good result (could be me though). But I have no idea how to change the aspect-ratio of the game, if possible. Maybe someone can help me with this?
09-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

I'm afraid it is not possible to change the aspect ratio.
09-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Find