Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enemy spawn noise
Cgturner Offline

Threads: 7
Enemy spawn noise

I'm not sure if this is discussed anywhere else, but I am looking for a way to get rid of the sound of the enemy appearing. For example, in my story, I want the enemy to exist from the beginning, BUT, I don't want it to make that wretched noise every time I start up the game.
09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Enemy spawn noise

I would like to know the same thing for a section in my map.

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

I have no idea either, some things about monsters are automated, like the sound playing when they get active and the music change you can't do anything about. Tongue

09-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Make a new entity file for the monster is an option, you can change a lot of things about them, like no start sound or no music. It's a text file so easy to edit
09-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Website Find
Cgturner Offline

Threads: 7

(09-21-2010, 09:24 PM)jens Wrote: Make a new entity file for the monster is an option, you can change a lot of things about them, like no start sound or no music. It's a text file so easy to edit

Works perfectly. Thanks! The .ent file is very easy to manipulate.
09-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

Seriously, Frictional is bloody brilliant for making so many files so customizable through the good ol' Notepad! Big Grin
09-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Find
Stangi Offline

Threads: 3

Hi, I'm bringing up this thread again as I can't get it to work right. So, I have copied the servant_grunt folder, and put it in another enemy folder in another entities folder in my custom story folder in the custom_stories folder. If that made any sense Tongue
In the editor I placed a servant_grunt and changed the entity file to the one in my custom story folder. But whatever I change in the .ent file, it doesn't seem to make any difference Undecided

What exactly should I change in the .ent file for the enable sound and music to disappear? I have tried removing many of the lines, but the sounds still play.

Thanks
10-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Find
Megadrixfire Offline

Threads: 0

Can we replace the models for example:

The servant_grunt rename it to servant_brute and replace the servant_brute folder with it so when on the game if the brute was supposed to spawn, the grunt appears instead of the brute?

or backwards, rename servant_brute to servant_grunt and replace it with the servant_grunt folder so the grunt spawns as the brute.
10-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Find
Stangi Offline

Threads: 3

Quote:Hi, I'm bringing up this thread again as I can't get it to work right. So, I have copied the servant_grunt folder, and put it in another enemy folder in another entities folder in my custom story folder in the custom_stories folder. If that made any sense
In the editor I placed a servant_grunt and changed the entity file to the one in my custom story folder. But whatever I change in the .ent file, it doesn't seem to make any difference

What exactly should I change in the .ent file for the enable sound and music to disappear? I have tried removing many of the lines, but the sounds still play.

I found out that if I copied the servant_grunt folder, changed the names, and just let it stay in the original enemy folder, everything worked. But that wouldn't work if the story was to be shared on the internet. How can I have the enemy folder in my custom story folder and still make it work Huh
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Find