Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
"Wake" - Complete :)
Alexander Offline

Threads: 2
RE: "Wake" - Beta 2 Released

(10-03-2010, 05:36 AM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: That's gotta be a bug or something. All of the files total up to no more than 4 mb.

Ah thanks Smile
oops

I wasn't thinking and forgot that after loading a map, it creates caches.

Sorry :-D
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2010, 05:41 AM by Alexander.)
10-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Find
Youcef Offline

Threads: 5

I played your level and I loved it. There is a certain atmosphere that emanates from your story.
I met a few bugs but I think they are already mentioned in previous posts.
Thank you very much for this awesome custom story !

10-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Website Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

I simply love this story, sure there was a bug here and there, but there were few and the rest was simply awesome.
Cant wait for the final release.

Bugs:
Spoiler below!

1. Sometimes when you die, the camera gets stuck, and you cant look around nor move. This happened only once, in the first level.
  2. When you go near a tree in the the outside nightmare and jump like crazy, sometimes you will fall through the ground, and then you will get stuck. (this happens when you get bellow the tree, the player then pushes himself below the ground.) I think the only solution to this is having a script area below the terrain and when the player collides with it, either kill him or teleport him to the starting position.
10-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Website Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(10-03-2010, 11:05 AM)Someone else Wrote: I simply love this story, sure there was a bug here and there, but there were few and the rest was simply awesome.
Cant wait for the final release.

Bugs:
Spoiler below!

1. Sometimes when you die, the camera gets stuck, and you cant look around nor move. This happened only once, in the first level.
  2. When you go near a tree in the the outside nightmare and jump like crazy, sometimes you will fall through the ground, and then you will get stuck. (this happens when you get bellow the tree, the player then pushes himself below the ground.) I think the only solution to this is having a script area below the terrain and when the player collides with it, either kill him or teleport him to the starting position.

Already fixed that one hole. I missed a block area :O

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
RE: "Wake" - Complete :)

Complete.

http://preview.filebox.me/files/h7a75skc...rsion1.zip

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
10-04-2010, 05:33 AM
Find
Datashocker Offline

Threads: 0

Downloading now. I'll report back when I've played through.

EDIT: Alright, I just played through the last part (I had a save from the beta), and I think that was the best custom story I have played so far. Tbh, that's not really saying much, but it was still great. I only have a few complaints.

Spoiler below!
First of all, the outside scene, where you get the contained lightning, is kinda bad. It looks like suck. I know it's not something you can really fix using the in-game assets, but if you feel like expanding on this idea, that would be something to improve on. Also, the water in the sewer was moving way too fast in one direction, I don't know if this was intended, but as it is, it looks bad. Other than that, I thought it was great. I especially liked the Crucible of Night. That was possibly one of the most awesomely epic areas I've seen in a while. I've always been a sucker for good lighting, and sir, that was amazing.

The girlish scream that Daniel puts forth as he sees a disturbing event is enough to make my day.
10-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Find
Mephisto Offline

Threads: 4

Thanks for this mod! Smile
I died early on in some of the steam, but there didn't seem to be a saved game available. Just sitting there in front of a red tinted screen, couldn't do anything but quit (and restart, which I won't do until I know how the save system is supposed to work Wink).
10-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Find
dbfuru Offline

Threads: 1

Very nice story! I saw it in a beta stage but decided I'd wait for it to be complete, glad I did wait. Is this the first custom story that hasn't been just a 'test' map? I look forward to playing more of your custom stories.

I was half expecting a grunt to bust in at the end!
10-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Find
Alexander Offline

Threads: 2

Well that was pretty cool :O
10-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Find
einfrnirdyr Offline

Threads: 7

Nice work. I really enjoyed this campaign.

I liked the use of the hub level and associated puzzles. Some of the level design was a bit ropy but it certainly didn't detract from the overall Objective based game play.

Cool ending. I am thinking of doing something similar with my campaign (which is slowly coming together.)

Anyway, Good job. I'll give you 8/10 for this experience. Big Grin You've earned your cookie.
[Image: cookie.jpg]

Do you intend to continue making stuff for 'Amnesia'?
10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Find