Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
"Wake" - Complete :)
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
RE: "Wake" - Complete :)

Delicious cookie.

I do intend to continue working. I just hope the guys at Frictional come up with a better way to share stories, because a small topic in a forum is really hindering what could be a giant mapmaking community.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
10-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Find
Mephisto Offline

Threads: 4

So, is there a save system of some sort?
10-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Find
Gansher Offline

Threads: 1

Can anyone do a walkthrough for this pls? I'm kinda stuck right now Sad
10-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

DamnNoHtml

Awesome , Scott! i impressed, just finished your final version, it"s bugs free Rolleyes
seems this map pretend as addon for game!

btw, when i played your second rev. of this map, there"s glitch|bug: in corridor with monsters there are NO HAMMER! IT"S was absent(in sixth room, as i remember), huh Tongue

now all fine, keep up the good work and awaiting for WAKE-2 Big Grin.
: BEER:::

Gansher
Just check the first page, man.Cool
10-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Find
Gansher Offline

Hah, didn't realise it :O thx man Smile
10-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Find
JayEff Offline

Threads: 0

Oh wow. I read through the first two pages and wondered if they were talking about the same mod. "Worst mod" ... ? "clipping errors" ? Well, obviously they must've been talking about your "beta" compared to what I just played for a while. I got a little stuck on...
Spoiler below!
"Your fears only multiply in my world". It took me a long time to realize that you can walk around the room on the pillars. Also, I forgot about running which made the jumps very hard.
The zombie kind of monster that appeared ... just disappeared after a while.
I didn't see the key on my first round through the room, I thought that maybe I triggered something by running around (like the monster appearing) that would open the door for me. Now I'm stuck on searching for the mallet. Right now I'm thinking that maybe I could use the chair as one. So long story short, I thought this room/puzzle is a bit missleading. You might want to visually emphasize some important elements like the pillars and especially the key. Maybe put a chair there to put the key on, maybe a rock that will make the key hard to miss.
Compared to that, the "silence disgusts me" puzzle is wayy too easy! I got it wrong only once. Well, it's not supposed to be frustrating but maybe you could have another sound related puzzle in the room where there's currently just the fragment. Maybe have another 3 rooms, 2 of which have a musical instrument in it while the third, correct one, doesn't. Just something among those lines so this puzzle isn't a matter of 1-2 minutes.
As for the rest, I haven't played it yet but I'm impressed, I really love your design!
Spoiler below!
in the beginning, the falling corpse effect, while shocking, seemed just a little bit silly, maybe have the light fade to barely visible and have the body vanish while not visible anymore...?
Also, I shut the steam valve without realizing why I was doing it. Maybe you could gently shove the player into the direction he needs to go to realize why the steam needs to stop? Also, for some reason, once the valve was turned all the way, the steam jet came out of the wheel for a second or two while fading, instead of the actual crack like before.
I hope this was helpful, looking forward to play the rest of the puzzles as well as the rest of your trilogy Smile
One last thing: Maybe add a link to your second project to the first post in this thread? Insomnia it was?
11-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Find
Nospheratu Offline

I've just now finished "Wake" and I have to congratulate you - it's great! the puzzles were really good, i even had to check your quick playthrough at one point Smile All in all a very good custom story, i hope you'll make more. Edit: noticed you're working on Insomnia, can't wait to try it out!

Better to reign in hell than to be a servant in heaven.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2010, 10:05 AM by Nospheratu.)
11-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Find
swumppih Offline

Threads: 0

Played some of it and then watched the walkthrough, and I have to say that there is no plot of any kind, and the "puzzles" are pretty bad. The special effects allthough are kind of good, but you have used them too much. There is also no directions given at all except for the dream fragments.. I hope your next custom stories have a plot and good puzzles.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2010, 08:16 PM by swumppih.)
11-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(11-15-2010, 08:16 PM)swumppih Wrote: Played some of it and then watched the walkthrough, and I have to say that there is no plot of any kind, and the "puzzles" are pretty bad. The special effects allthough are kind of good, but you have used them too much. There is also no directions given at all except for the dream fragments.. I hope your next custom stories have a plot and good puzzles.

Plot = Wake up.
Directions = Get fragments.

?????????????

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
11-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

(11-15-2010, 08:16 PM)swumppih Wrote: Played some of it and then watched the walkthrough, and I have to say that there is no plot of any kind, and the "puzzles" are pretty bad. The special effects allthough are kind of good, but you have used them too much. There is also no directions given at all except for the dream fragments.. I hope your next custom stories have a plot and good puzzles.
There IS a plot, a very good one in fact.
There are nice puzzles and good directions leading you on the right path but not telling you exactly what to do (However I didn't like the fact that you are told what to do in the "Silence disgusts me" room).
This is one of the best custom stories ever so far (if not the best).
11-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Website Find