Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Load game = black screen
dontxhide Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Load game = black screen

Hello!

I did a search and didn't find my exact problem so...

Each time I launch the game the screen stays black, whether in full screen or windowed mode. I have a ati x1700 and I was hoping the patch would work because this was the same exact problem I had before the patch!

Thanks. Attached is my hpl file that everyone usually wants Smile

PS: It doesn't crash. But if I ctrlaltdel it says "not responding".
I just noticed something. It says that this patch does not work with steam? Does that mean since I bought this on steam the patch I downloaded didn't really fix the problem and I have to wait for steam?
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2010, 03:48 AM by dontxhide.)
09-23-2010, 03:40 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Load game = black screen

You will have to wait for Steam, you have not really updated the game according to the log. Which makes since because if you did not specifically select the installation directory of Steam it only installed the updated files in some default location as it could not find the original path of our installer.

Not sure the patch will fix your problem though, your problem might be something else but do not know what.
09-23-2010, 06:07 AM
Website Find
dontxhide Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Load game = black screen

(09-23-2010, 06:07 AM)jens Wrote: You will have to wait for Steam, you have not really updated the game according to the log. Which makes since because if you did not specifically select the installation directory of Steam it only installed the updated files in some default location as it could not find the original path of our installer.

Not sure the patch will fix your problem though, your problem might be something else but do not know what.

Thanks! So once I get the patch from steam - if that doesn't work I'll post another hpl file then Smile
09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Find