Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Severe Mouse Lag
Almtybob Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Severe Mouse Lag

In the game, be it in menus or in the game itself, any mouse movement causes the game to freeze up for about half a second. For example, on the main menu everything looks great and runs fine until I move the mouse, then I can see the torch on the wall stop flickering/pause for half a second and then the mouse cursor jumps to where ever I moused to. This also happens in the game when I'm moving my mouse to look around. The game is completely unplayable.

I have a geforce 240 and a logitech g700 mouse. I played with every graphics setting, changed my resolution, tried windowed mode, etc. Nothing has worked.

I'm playing on the Steam ver, not yet patched as far as I can tell.

*EDIT* Win 7 64bit.
09-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Find
Almtybob Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Severe Mouse Lag

Bumping this because it's been a couple weeks now and I still can't play this game. The new patch did nothing for me. I would really like to play the game I bought. It's not a "lower the settings" issue either, my GPU is plenty powerful for every other game maxed and I have the same issue even at the lowest settings in Amnesia.
10-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Sounds strange, it is some specific hardware software conflict probably. So the only advice is to troubleshoot what could be the cause.

Have you tried to update the drivers for the graphics? Even if they are new, they can be broken and will be repaired with an unpdate.

Have you tried using another mouse?

Tried turning off Aero before running the game? Any background process that are running and could interfer?
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Logitech? Hmm.. logitech mouses has it's own software that can force driver's settings for mouse when you're in "game" mode". Try to disable in-game mode or uninstall logitech drivers for a while.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Find