Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.74 Average
Clive Barker's Undying Remake (Work In Progress)
Miskonius Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Clive Barker's Undying Remake (Work In Progress)

Well today I have found two things
1. I learned how to get Undying to work in 1920x1080
2. I found this thread.

I am no game developer (nor an artist) but I would like to help you trancedj with this effort
I have
Phenom Ii x4 965 BE
AMD MSI 6850 Cyclone
4gb ram
Windows x64 Ultimate

If there is any way I can help you with my PC in this monumental task, let me know

Btw how do you install this mod?
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 12:28 AM by Miskonius.)
03-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Find
trancedj Offline

Threads: 7

Thanks Miskonius, I appreciate so much your help!
This is another new screenshot

[Image: 417708_10150593139111130_670441129_89946...2378_n.jpg]
03-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Find
Miskonius Offline

I have been mowning for a very long time for a mod that will make this game better.
So I want you to know that you can count on my (very limited unfortunatly) support.
But here is an idea, why dont you just mod the whole game (give up making Undying 2) people
who already played Undying will be definetly interested to have a go again.
And EA (or who ever) if when they see your work, will probably be interested in financing a sequel...
Like I said I am not a game developer, but isnt there any way to convert this game in Unreal engine3?
I read that it was made in Unreal engine1...

03-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(03-08-2012, 11:42 AM)Miskonius Wrote: I have been mowning for a very long time for a mod that will make this game better.
So I want you to know that you can count on my (very limited unfortunatly) support.
But here is an idea, why dont you just mod the whole game (give up making Undying 2) people
who already played Undying will be definetly interested to have a go again.
And EA (or who ever) if when they see your work, will probably be interested in financing a sequel...
Like I said I am not a game developer, but isnt there any way to convert this game in Unreal engine3?
I read that it was made in Unreal engine1...
I'm sorry but there's so much here that just makes me facepalm, sure you could recreate the game in Unreal3, but you couldn't release it to anyone, you'd need to own the rights for it, and creating it as a standalone game instead of an HPL2 mod would take ALOT longer to do.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2012, 12:23 PM by Traggey.)
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Find
Miskonius Offline

Dont know what made you facepalm...
I never said that trancedj should sell this game/mod/sequel...
LOL
Have you ever played this game?
EA owns the rights for this game and only EA can decide wheter will evere be a sequel (if EA is not interested, some other company can buy of the rights, this is a 10 year old, free2play game and the sum of money would be simbolic), but if trancedj makes a good mod and rebuilts the fan base, maybe EA would reconsider...
As for recreating, UE3 is free for non commercial use, and I can easily download it and do render (basic stuff) what trancedj needs. He can send me a screen shot of adjustments/ or files to render. and I 'll let the PC do its thing...
Dont know what kind of rig trancedj has, but my rig is in todays terms considered as "average", I can do everything but it will take time...
Everyone in this thread is only demanding and criticizing and no one has found it fit to offer some actual help to this poor bloke.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2012, 01:41 PM by Miskonius.)
03-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

I know perfectly well how the UDK licensing works, I'm currently in process of creating a platformer game using that exact engine, however even if it is free to play there would still be licensing issues, takes the fan remake project of Final fantasy 7 for example. After 2 years of work they released 1 image and they were forced to stop. Technicly even using the textures from the original game in this mod is illegal. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying.

Keep working on the mod and don't bother making it a standalone game, it'll merely get you into trouble.
03-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Find
Miskonius Offline

Thats one of the reasons I am telling him to drop Undying 2.
He couldnt make it look good just recycling part 1.
Corect me if I am wrong, but even if he mods/recreates Undying in UE3, it would be considered as mod right?
I dont think there is any atention from his side to profit on this, neither there is any way to do it.
And not get sued....
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2012, 02:36 AM by Miskonius.)
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Creating it using the UDK would NOT be considered a mod, because it's not a game to begin with, it's not licensed as one and never will be, it's an engine for creating games.

Putting into something like Unreal Tournament running on a slightly older verision of the engine however, would be considered a mod.
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Find
trancedj Offline

Hello every one.
I'am pleased to read your points of view and I'm agree with you.
So, I'm workin' on to mod the undying 1 and not make a sequel or anything like that.
my aim is not to make a stand alone, but just to revisite the world of undying under a simple mod.
this is for the pleasure of fan of clive barker's undying to revisite the manor covenant and also for gamers whom not know undying.
I'm sorry for my bad english but hope you understand what I suppose to explain
03-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Find
trancedj Offline

[Image: 428755_10150596413236130_670441129_90054...8986_n.jpg]
03-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Find