Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game does not Start (Steam)
tryptamin Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Game does not Start (Steam)

Hi,

I have tho following Problem: I loaded the game via Steam (it is the first time I use steam). The launcher starts but the game is not starting and I get no error message. I unistalled Steam and reinstalled everything but it does not work. Maybe it is because of my ATI HD 5650 Laptop Grafic? This card ist just running if the core I 5 onboard Grafics is to weak for Games....

My System:

Packard Bell Laptop

Windows 7 Home Premium
ATI DH 5650
4GB Ram

Any Ideas? Huh

Thanks
09-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game does not Start (Steam)

Make sure that the drivers are up-to-date, preferable downloaded from amd.com if possible. Make sure that it really is using the ATI card and not the onboard graphics (as it is not capable of running the game). If it keeps crashing upload the hpl.log from My Documents/Amnesia/
09-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Website Find
tryptamin Offline

(09-24-2010, 11:13 AM)jens Wrote: Make sure that the drivers are up-to-date, preferable downloaded from amd.com if possible. Make sure that it really is using the ATI card and not the onboard graphics (as it is not capable of running the game). If it keeps crashing upload the hpl.log from My Documents/Amnesia/

Thanks for the reply... the problem ist, that I can´t use official drivers from ati because I have a Packard Bell Notebook and the official drivers are not working with the grafic card... I tried it one month ago and its running unstable. I don´t know if I can run the notebook just with the ATI Card. The ati just turns on when needen to save power... Is this not normal at any "I" (I3, I5, I7) Processors from Intel?

THXs
09-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Find
tryptamin Offline

I now have checked the "my documents" "Amnesia" and there is just one folder: "Main" and nothing inside...
now i tried in compability to xp sp2 an got the following: could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg

I also load the demo to check, if steam ist broken but the demo is not running, too.... Has no one an idea?

My System:

Packard Bell Laptop

Windows 7 Home Premium
ATI DH 5650
4GB Ram
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2010, 08:19 AM by tryptamin.)
09-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Find
tryptamin Offline

Ok Guys... I now tried catalyst mobility 10.8 (the latest) and it runs.... But I already had them 2 months ago and many games (and windows 7) are not running correct with these drivers.... I hope hardwareheaven will release new mobility modder for HD 5650 that are stable...

It´s a very nice game!!!
09-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Find