Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help A couple of questions (map crash, data cache?)
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
A couple of questions (map crash, data cache?)

I have a couple of queries I hope someone can help me with:

1) How can I force the game to remember if for example you have opened a door or moved objects once you leave the map and re-enter it? I know this can be done as it does so in the proper Amnesia game. I see scripts for data caches, are those involve with it or do they do something else?

2) I have a large outdoor map with lots of trees about 1.5mb in size, but midway through loading the game crashes. Could this be caused by too many objects or something else because I have another outdoor map with lots of trees which is 3mb and it hasnt ever crashed.

05-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: A couple of questions (map crash, data cache?)

1) On the entity in the level editor, check the box that says FullGameSave and it will save all properties of it.

2) There can be many reasons why it crashes. You should let it crash and then post the HPL.log file from Documents\Amnesia\Main and we'll see.

05-15-2016, 12:26 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

(05-15-2016, 12:26 AM)Mudbill Wrote: 2) There can be many reasons why it crashes. You should let it crash and then post the HPL.log file from Documents\Amnesia\Main and we'll see.

The problem is the map loads fine when I go into it directly, but if I transition into it from a different map it crashes.

From what I can tell it gives no error when loading the map that crashes, this is all it says:

Quote:-------- Loading map '12_outside2.map' ---------
MeshEntity Loading: 221 ms
Primitive Loading: 18 ms
Decal Loading: 0 ms
Object Combining: 0 ms
Compilation: 308 ms
Combining: 1354 ms
Sorting: 63 ms
Meshes: 565 ms
Bodies: 726 ms
Static Objects: 1908 ms
Entities: 68 ms
Compilation: 22 ms
Saving cache file for 'F:/Steam Games/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/custom_stories/Curse of Ripley Manor/maps/12_outside2.map'

However the previous map does show some errors and warnings although it loads fine:

Quote:--------------------------------------------------------

Game Running
--------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: Sampler aGoboMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 5
Setting profile: 'serbusfish' Path: 'C:\Users\Serbusfish\Documents/Amnesia/Main/serbusfish/'
WARNING: No resources element found in 'custom_stories/Curse of Ripley Manor/extra_english.lang'
-------- Loading map '11_outside.map' ---------
Cache Loading: 1429 ms
WARNING: Sub mesh 'table_nice_round_mesh002' does not exist in mesh 'table_nice_round_large.msh'!
WARNING: Sub mesh 'table_nice_round_mesh003' does not exist in mesh 'table_nice_round_large.msh'!
WARNING: Sub mesh 'table_nice_round_mesh005' does not exist in mesh 'table_nice_round_large.msh'!
WARNING: Sub mesh 'table_nice_round_mesh006' does not exist in mesh 'table_nice_round_large.msh'!
WARNING: Sub mesh 'table_nice_round_mesh007' does not exist in mesh 'table_nice_round_large.msh'!
WARNING: Sub mesh 'table_nice_round_mesh008' does not exist in mesh 'table_nice_round_large.msh'!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 11 to attach to entity 'table_nice_round_large_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/table_nice_round/table_nice_round_large.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 12 to attach to entity 'table_nice_round_large_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/table_nice_round/table_nice_round_large.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 13 to attach to entity 'table_nice_round_large_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/table_nice_round/table_nice_round_large.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 14 to attach to entity 'table_nice_round_large_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/table_nice_round/table_nice_round_large.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 15 to attach to entity 'table_nice_round_large_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/table_nice_round/table_nice_round_large.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 16 to attach to entity 'table_nice_round_large_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/table_nice_round/table_nice_round_large.ent'
ERROR: Sampler aDiffuseMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 0
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 11 to attach to entity 'sofa_red_1_Body' in 'entities/furniture/sofa/sofa_red.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 11 to attach to entity 'sofa_red_2_Body' in 'entities/furniture/sofa/sofa_red.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 0 to attach to entity 'table_nice_flowers_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/table_nice_round/table_nice_flowers.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 1 to attach to entity 'table_nice_flowers_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/table_nice_round/table_nice_flowers.ent'
WARNING: Sub mesh 'Tree_Leafy_03a001' does not exist in mesh 'tree_03.msh'!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 2 to attach to entity 'tree_6_Body_1' in 'entities/trees/tree_03.ent'
WARNING: Sub mesh 'Tree_Leafy_02a001' does not exist in mesh 'tree_02.msh'!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 2 to attach to entity 'tree_3_Body_1' in 'entities/trees/tree_02.ent'
WARNING: Sub mesh 'Tree_Leafy_02a001' does not exist in mesh 'tree_02.msh'!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 2 to attach to entity 'tree_7_Body_1' in 'entities/trees/tree_02.ent'
WARNING: Sub mesh 'Tree_Leafy_04a001' does not exist in mesh 'tree_04.msh'!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 2 to attach to entity 'tree_8_Body_1' in 'entities/trees/tree_04.ent'
WARNING: Sub mesh 'Tree_Leafy_01a001' does not exist in mesh 'tree_01.msh'!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 2 to attach to entity 'tree_2_Body_1' in 'entities/trees/tree_01.ent'

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2016, 07:17 PM by serbusfish.)
05-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

It seems some of my other maps are now crashing too, here is the errors one of my early maps is throwing back:

Quote:ERROR: Sampler aDiffuseMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 0
WARNING: Sub mesh 'painting_image02' does not exist in mesh 'painting_portrait.msh'!
WARNING: Sub mesh 'painting_image02' does not exist in mesh 'painting_portrait.msh'!
ERROR: Loading entity worn_hay_mattress_1: Skeletons in mesh file (F:/Steam Games/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/prison/worn_hay_mattress/worn_hay_mattress.dae) and .ent file (F:/Steam Games/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/prison/worn_hay_mattress/worn_hay_mattress.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
ERROR: Sampler aNormalMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 1
ERROR: Sampler aNormalMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 1
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 5 to attach to entity 'shirt_hanging_black_1_Body_1' in 'entities/cloth/shirts/shirt_hanging_white/shirt_hanging_black.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 6 to attach to entity 'shirt_hanging_black_1_Body_1' in 'entities/cloth/shirts/shirt_hanging_white/shirt_hanging_black.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 11 to attach to entity 'sofa_red_1_Body' in 'entities/furniture/sofa/sofa_red.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 11 to attach to entity 'sofa_red_2_Body' in 'entities/furniture/sofa/sofa_red.ent'
ERROR: Loading entity worn_hay_mattress_slow_1: Skeletons in mesh file (F:/Steam Games/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/prison/worn_hay_mattress/worn_hay_mattress.dae) and .ent file (F:/Steam Games/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/ptest/worn_hay_mattress_slow/worn_hay_mattress_slow.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
WARNING: More than 4 bones on a vertex in submesh 'low_shorts' in mesh 'child.msh' !
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 23 to attach to entity 'cabinet_simple_shelves_filled_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/cabinet_simple/cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 24 to attach to entity 'cabinet_simple_shelves_filled_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/cabinet_simple/cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 25 to attach to entity 'cabinet_simple_shelves_filled_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/cabinet_simple/cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 26 to attach to entity 'cabinet_simple_shelves_filled_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/cabinet_simple/cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 27 to attach to entity 'cabinet_simple_shelves_filled_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/cabinet_simple/cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 28 to attach to entity 'cabinet_simple_shelves_filled_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/cabinet_simple/cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 29 to attach to entity 'cabinet_simple_shelves_filled_1_Body_1' in 'entities/furniture/cabinet_simple/cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent'
Entities: 2494 ms
Compilation: 32 ms
Saving cache file for 'F:/Steam Games/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/custom_stories/Curse of Ripley Manor/maps/02_side_entrance.map'

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2016, 09:26 AM by serbusfish.)
05-17-2016, 09:26 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Sometimes what causes the crash it's not the target map but the current being unloaded.
Try changing to an empty level instead and see what happens. If you still get the crash the problem is in your current level.

05-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

(05-17-2016, 07:37 PM)Daemian Wrote: Sometimes what causes the crash it's not the target map but the current being unloaded.
Try changing to an empty level instead and see what happens. If you still get the crash the problem is in your current level.

In the main Amnesia config file I changed 'ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving' back to True and so far it SEEMS to have fixed the issue. I'm not sure why as I thought this had to be False when setting up a developer environment, but the crashes seem to have stopped so I will leave it as it is.

05-20-2016, 08:35 AM
Find