Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpha channel
moon Offline

Threads: 6
Alpha channel

Greetings,

At the moment i am on a window, dirty one, wich shall be half transparent on the not dirty parts. So far i know the alpha channel only supports black and white, so transparent or not, but my alphamap is grey ofcourse, is there another way to archive this effect that a object is half transparent on certain areas?
10-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Find
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Alpha channel

(10-12-2010, 12:32 PM)moon Wrote: Greetings,

At the moment i am on a window, dirty one, wich shall be half transparent on the not dirty parts. So far i know the alpha channel only supports black and white, so transparent or not, but my alphamap is grey ofcourse, is there another way to archive this effect that a object is half transparent on certain areas?

I think there isn't another way other than use the alpha channel. Make the dirty parts more toward to white. Or another trick is to make an overlay model with just the dirty parts and menage the alpha of them separatly.

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
10-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Find
moon Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Alpha channel - solved

ah thanks, yes my fault, i've set the Mode of the window to translucent, but not the blendmode to alpha.

Btw, Png files with included alpha channels work like a dream Smile
10-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Find