Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About making my own enemy
Perelie Offline

Threads: 3
About making my own enemy

So I assume it's possible to make out own enemies? Like, it wouldn't be easy perhaps, but it's possible right?

Because I was going to make one, but I'm not sure what programs and stuff I need to do, so is there some guide for making enemies or something?
09-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: About making my own enemy

(09-26-2010, 11:03 AM)Perelie Wrote: So I assume it's possible to make out own enemies? Like, it wouldn't be easy perhaps, but it's possible right?

Because I was going to make one, but I'm not sure what programs and stuff I need to do, so is there some guide for making enemies or something?

You cannot make completely new enemies.

You can copy the original, and then change some attributes, like moving speed, how long to look for the player, their mass, field of vision, hearing ability, health, what music is played when they're close, etc.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Find
Hannibal Offline

Threads: 2

Rats. Allowing new enemies would be one of the simplest ways to make custom stories more scary and compelling, adding replay value for their customers. Besides, providing extra weapons / enemies / maps as separate buyable content has been a good money-maker for other companies between major game releases.
09-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(09-26-2010, 03:05 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: You cannot make completely new enemies.

You can copy the original, and then change some attributes, like moving speed, how long to look for the player, their mass, field of vision, hearing ability, health, what music is played when they're close, etc.

Wouldn't you be able to change the model but keep the moveset? That would be a 'new' enemy..

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
09-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Find
Penguinmaster Offline

Threads: 1

Good ol' fashion bump. I need to find out if this is possible in anyway, whether changing the model or making one from scratch. if it's not possible now, anyone know if Frictional is planning on making it possible?
10-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Find
Blackhand Offline

Threads: 1

I almost certain it is possible. The big limitation is AI and enemy behavior, you wouldn't have any control over that. All the enemies would behave identically other than minor tweaks you can make in the entity xml files.
10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Find
Slith Offline

Threads: 4

I have no clue myself, but maybe you could have a look at some of the enemy files for the Penumbra series (the spider, the dog and the worm.) An 8 legged mutant? Or something crawling Tongue
10-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Find