Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Cannibalism [RELEASED]
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Cannibalism [RELEASED]

So far, the map is very pretty, especially the room with the balcony. There are a few overlapping textures here and there though. Unfortunately, I'm stuck.
Spoiler below!
I got up to finding the key to the staircase room, but the door at the top of the staircase doesn't open and I can't find a key anywhere.
Also, the liberal use of keys in the map is pretty lazy. How about some puzzles?

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
11-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Website Find
swumppih Offline

Threads: 0

Swumppih Wrote:Spoiler
Spoiler below!
Check the cellar carefully, (you get the cellar key from the unlocked room, read the notes carefully)
NEWB SPOILER
Spoiler below!
You get cellar key from the fireplace in the unlocked room, and you get the second floors key from the cellar

Everlone, it may be that your computer cant handle the start when all objects are effected by physics etc.
There is some help with the cellar key..
(11-13-2010, 08:11 PM)Lee Wrote: So far, the map is very pretty, especially the room with the balcony. There are a few overlapping textures here and there though. Unfortunately, I'm stuck.
Spoiler below!
I got up to finding the key to the staircase room, but the door at the top of the staircase doesn't open and I can't find a key anywhere.
Also, the liberal use of keys in the map is pretty lazy. How about some puzzles?
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2010, 08:26 PM by swumppih.)
11-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Uh, I'm trying to get upstairs. I didn't notice a cellar at all.

11-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Website Find
swumppih Offline

(11-13-2010, 08:21 PM)Lee Wrote: Uh, I'm trying to get upstairs. I didn't notice a cellar at all.

Check the staircase room again. Smile
11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Wait, nevermind about my problem. I found another room that I missed on my first playthrough. It has a key and stuff.

11-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Website Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

I really liked this one.
There are some graphical glitches here and there, but it is pretty nice overall.

One thing I didn't like however is that there aren't actually any directions to follow.
You just wander around the mansion until you find the right room.

BTW: There is an alternative route to the second floor:
[Image: altroute.th.png]
11-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Website Find
swumppih Offline

(11-13-2010, 08:54 PM)Someone else Wrote: I really liked this one.
There are some graphical glitches here and there, but it is pretty nice overall.

One thing I didn't like however is that there aren't actually any directions to follow.
You just wander around the mansion until you find the right room.

BTW: There is an alternative route to the second floor:
[Image: altroute.th.png]

Man, thats called cheating! Big Grin
11-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Just finished it. Overall pretty good. Most of the issues are just those that require polishing, such as grammar/spelling or overlapping textures. I have to say, though, the music is pretty bad. I don't get what the point was of having one note being played on the piano over and over again in the cellar other than to annoy.

Anyway, it was very atmospheric. It didn't feel scary to me, but the environment and sounds were well-designed. Make moar!

11-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Website Find
Cowa Offline

Threads: 1

http://www.vimeo.com/16799316
(Bad quality, bad sync sound, so bad video Confused)

30 minutes, quite long for a custom story. Bravo !
11-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Find
anzki Offline

Threads: 6

Thank's for everyone for playing and commenting. Many complaints were about the need of polishing and I couldn't agree more. I started making it... with not-so-good design philosophy; I just made it couple room's at time, instead of ie. "First walls, floors, stairs, doors etc. then check if it's good, and then continue." It is pretty hard to find and fix all overlapping's, when everything is already furnished and so on.

I will probably make moar, but right from the beginning, with better design philosophy Big Grin

PS. Also thank's to Cowa for his video. Smile

[Image: 2qnr5av.png]
11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Find