Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd Water Behavior
Entih Offline

Threads: 4
Odd Water Behavior

I have been working on my map, and have just made an area of water. Everything was fine, except for the fact that when certain things would be submerged, they behaved... hmm... lets say, 'utterly insane'. Other things would behave properly. A box, for example, would be fine.

Some things I can understand though, like the pig carcass, which would spaz out and stretch to bizarre proportions. Just not meant of a ragdoll in this engine, I will guess.

But others, like a wine bottle, would submerge, start twitching around underneath, then suddenly jump 5 feet above the water surface, only to fall back in and repeat.

Are there just some things that shouldn't be placed near something they can be submerged in (due to their physics properties or something) (Also, except the pig. That was too funny to watch to not do again.), or is this an isolated incident?
10-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Find
Mofo Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Odd Water Behavior

I just tried it, and I got the same results you described. I guess pigs just have a terrible case of hydrophobia.
10-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(10-03-2010, 11:38 PM)Entih Wrote: I have been working on my map, and have just made an area of water. Everything was fine, except for the fact that when certain things would be submerged, they behaved... hmm... lets say, 'utterly insane'. Other things would behave properly. A box, for example, would be fine.

Some things I can understand though, like the pig carcass, which would spaz out and stretch to bizarre proportions. Just not meant of a ragdoll in this engine, I will guess.

But others, like a wine bottle, would submerge, start twitching around underneath, then suddenly jump 5 feet above the water surface, only to fall back in and repeat.

Are there just some things that shouldn't be placed near something they can be submerged in (due to their physics properties or something) (Also, except the pig. That was too funny to watch to not do again.), or is this an isolated incident?

You've discovered some great opportunities for REALLY insane insanity effects there Big Grin

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
10-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

What? Pigs don't do that where you live?

[Image: 16455.png]
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

I've always noticed (those this has nothing to do with water), that when you grab any bucket with a handle BY the handle it will spaz out and inexplicably throw itself in a random direction at about Mach 1. I remember doing this in a level I was making, and ended up decapitating a suit of armor. Confused
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Find