Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game runs EXTREMLY SLOWLY when looking in certain directions.
BTG643 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game runs EXTREMLY SLOWLY when looking in certain directions.

So I started playing the game, on full settings. 1080p and full details/shadows etc.

when i was playing it was running perfectly. not a single instance of slowing down.

i got to a certain point (where you go make the acid) and i saved it.

later i reloaded the save game..and if i looked in the direction of the laboratory, it would go to like 1 frame per second. I would look at the opposite end of the room, and it would jump back to 60FPS or what ever max is.

i don't understand. i'm very angry and i want to play this game.

and don't tell me it's because my settings are too high, it's not. i was playing this game for an hour + today and i had no issues.
10-04-2010, 04:01 AM
Find
Zanderat Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game runs EXTREMLY SLOWLY when looking in certain directions.

(10-04-2010, 04:01 AM)BTG643 Wrote: i'm very angry.......

[Image: 21501BP.jpg]
10-04-2010, 04:10 AM
Find
BTG643 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game runs EXTREMLY SLOWLY when looking in certain directions.

here's a video

Video
10-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Guessing a graphics driver issue so try to download the latest driver, uninstall the old, reboot and install the new driver.

You can also go to graphics settings and turn off world reflection (I think it is) and see if that helps. There is water in that direction and there has not been water like that prior in the game so that could be why this problem appears first here.
10-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Website Find
Datashocker Offline

Threads: 0

I have had this issue as well, and it seems to solve itself after upgrading to the new Nvidia beta drivers, so try that and see if it works. Unless you're using an ATI card, of course.

The girlish scream that Daniel puts forth as he sees a disturbing event is enough to make my day.
10-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Find